Some problem dumping Amiga protected games

All questions regarding the dumping of media go here.
TinTinOnTheMoon

Some problem dumping Amiga protected games

Post by TinTinOnTheMoon »

Hi guys, this is my first post on this board, nice to be here! :D
I bought the Kryoflux board over one month ago, but only in these days I have the right time to explore and use it.
I bought it mainly because I'm a collector of original Amiga videogames and I wish to preserve the floppies from time, demagnetization and losing of data.
I started using the DTC GUi to read some of my original disks (choosing multiple output format -> Kryoflux stream files preservation + CT raw Image + AMIGA Dos sector Image), and writing them on backup disks by WildeWutz.
I have been able to copy protected games like Zanygolf, Pacland and Murder. But I am having problems with the game "Bloodwych".
I am sure 100% that the original disk works fine and is not damaged, so I am sure that the issue is related the type of protection.
When I dump the content of the floppy only the first sector is read by DTC as not amiga dos format. After writing of the stream files, the backup copy of the game does not work. I try inserting the disk and after some second of loading, the WB screen shows a "not readable disk" error.
I know that online is possible to find an ipf version of Bloodwych, but I would like to extract a copy on my own from my original disk. Could you help me to solve the issue?
Why DTC fails with Bloodwych? Is it a problem of "output format" in dumping?
Thank you for any replies and helps.

Luigi

brightcaster

Re: Some problem dumping Amiga protected games

Post by brightcaster »

If it's only track 1 which apears to be unformatted it is most likely copylock protected! Keirs utils may copy this!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=324&p=2653&hilit=co ... miga#p2653

David

TinTinOnTheMoon

Hi, then it should be copylock. About Keirs utils is there some windows version?
For the rest, as standard method to copy Amiga protected disks, do you think that the parameters I use are the best ones? I mean choosing multiple output format -> Kryoflux stream files preservation + CT raw Image + AMIGA Dos sector Image.
Thank you for any further tips.

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

Yes, read the whole thread (that I linked), than you'll find the windows executeables including the cygwin1.dll posted by ARA (filename is disk-analyze.zip)!

David

TinTinOnTheMoon

Ok I will follow your tip. Thank you very much.

About my last question on the best output format for dumping, do you agree with the multiple combination I use? (-> Kryoflux stream files preservation + CT raw Image + AMIGA Dos sector Image)

In you opinion (and in the opinion of the other users of the community that are reading this topic, if they wish to reply as well) is this combination the most suitable and trusted to copy protected disk (with a type of protection different from copylock obviously) ?

Thank you for your patience and help.