Cable does not match Pin1 on floppy drive

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Montesa

Cable does not match Pin1 on floppy drive

Post by Montesa »

Hello,

today I received the kryoflux incl. the cables and the PDU. As I tried to plugin the cable to the Mitsumi D353M3D floppy drive I was getting completely confused. For me it looks like that if I plugin the data cable to the floppy drive in the only possible direction (because of the notch) the red colored side of the data cable does not match the PIN 1 visible on the floppy.
IMG_1068.JPG
However even if I plugin the data cable and insert the PDU the floppy is constant green.

Did I missunderstand anything ?

brightcaster

Re: Cable does not match Pin1 on floppy drive

Post by brightcaster »

No you didn't missunderstand anything. The cable is correct but the drive has the notch on the wrong side! I've never seen anything like that bevor!

Acording to the manual at http://www.radioradar.net/en/files.html?fid=608767 the connector should be fitted in the opposite direction like on any other drive!

David

Montesa

Post by Montesa »

Thank you for the information I bought a second floppy drive (and now I have other problems).

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

This happens more than you might think. Drives can either have the notch backwards or have no notch at all. If you plan to flip between multiple floppy drives, it is best to have a cable with no polarization notch.