POLL: Problems KryoFlux under MacOS

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
robbo007

POLL: Problems KryoFlux under MacOS

Post by robbo007 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 am

I'm starting a poll for anyone that has problems running their KryoFlux under MacOS, in the vain attempt the Devteam will look into this more closely and not just blame Apple as the problem.

Please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Mac model and year
2. MacOS version
3. Error message

Regards,
Rob

robbo007

Re: POLL: Problems KryoFlux under MacOS

Post by robbo007 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:39 am

Mac Pro late 2013
MacOS: 10.14.4
Error:
DarwinUSBComm::FindEP: error while opening e00002c5
System 38, subsystem 0, code 2c5
USB endpoint not found

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Sat May 11, 2019 1:11 pm

You can start as many polls as you like, but the USB issues are well documented. If Apple would not mess with the USB subsystem, we would not have to fix things.

The supported operating systems are very well documented:
https://kryoflux.com/?page=download

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Sat May 11, 2019 2:43 pm

I assume there is/was a bug report open with Apple then? What is the status of it?

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 pm

We talked directly to engineering, too and it sounded like there was no real interest in solving this. Most people bow, especially since Apple also controls their software counterparts in the app store.

I am not turning this into a politics discussion, but frankly again Apple needs to fix their backend. If that ever happens - nobody knows, especially since the focus shifted to iOS years ago and pro users were left alone with no successor to e.g. the Mac Pro being turned into something made from portable technology.

We're focussing on the platforms people use, and according to our statistics, just derived from the identifier the browser sends when browsing here or download the software, KF users use Windows (>95%).

This does not mean we're abandoning the Mac but we come back from time to time to re-evaluate development etc.

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:03 pm

That’s a real shame. As always Mac users are left on the back bench. :(

The difference with MacOS is hardly anyone uses old versions. 80% of higher of mac users are always on the latest build of MacOS. The versions supported by Kryoflux is like running Windows 98. That could be the reason why no-one is downloading the mac version, because it doesn't work and most users are on MacOS Mojave. That's my 2 cents worth.

Dominus

Post by Dominus » Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 am

Especially when you see at the download page that the Mac version is already way behind the Windows version. Of course you rather make the Windows version work then ;(

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm

mr.vince wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 pm
I am not turning this into a politics discussion, but frankly again Apple needs to fix their backend.
Nothing political about it. If there is a genuine bug in their OS then they simply need to fix it. People just need to know to direct their energy and fustration at Apple for the best hope of resolving this issue. Anyone who wants their Kryoflux to work under MacOS again needs to get Apple on the phone.

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Question: is it really that hard to make it work under MacOS Mojave? Would you really spend that much time? I no nothing of programming hence why I’m asking.

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster » Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 pm

I guess it's sometimes very frustrating programing for apple as they often drop support for something you just finished!

Here are some examples (not kryoflux related):

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12894/ap ... s-all-oses

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... r-this-now

Sometimes they even don't tell, they just do and call it progress!

David
Last edited by brightcaster on Sat May 25, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.