Issue converting stream files

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Silasqwerty

Issue converting stream files

Post by Silasqwerty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:31 am

Hello! I just got my Kroflux in very recently, and it's been working great! There's only one relatively major issue I'm having with it right now. Whenever I try to convert stream files that have been moved, DTC errors out both with the GUI and CLI. The GUI marks everything red and doesn't produce an output file, and the CLI reports "Can't open stream file - Read operation failed" for every track. This doesn't apply to the original folder that it was created in. For example, if I dump a disk to a certain directory and make a copy of that directory somewhere else, only the original one will work even though they both have the same hashes. This also makes converting streams not made on this machine seemingly impossible. I am using Windows 10 x64 Version 1803. What can I do to fix this?

Silasqwerty

Re: Issue converting stream files

Post by Silasqwerty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:24 am

I've narrowed down the issue quite a bit. It seems that DTC has trouble reading stream files when there is a "%" character in their path. Taking a folder with stream files that were able to be converted and adding an % symbol to the end of it's name caused DTC to not recognize it. I don't know if this applies to more characters as well or if it's somehow a permission issue on my computer, but it may be worth looking into.

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:57 am

Some programming languages (like java for example) use % as the indicator to place args in a string.Thats why the percent character should be avoided in filenames, even if the OS and FS allow it!

BTW: The % character was also used as a wildcard in some OS in the past, making it almost impossible to use it on theese plattforms within filenames...

David

Silasqwerty

Post by Silasqwerty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Ok, thank you for your reply! Now I know to avoid that character at least.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 am

Such characters work as modifiers for the underlying OS and it's file system handling. You should refrain from everything that could collide there. It's intentional that DTC does not filter these as depending on OS, certain characters can be used as wildcards etc.