installing kryoflux on Windows XP

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
jif

installing kryoflux on Windows XP

Post by jif » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello,

i use kryoflux on Windows xp, it works before but yet dtc.exe say a bug.
before installing the driver if I run the software, it tells me winusb.dll not present.
After installing dtc.exe displays an error directly. offset 000000.
kryoflux works, I tried it at a friend's on windows 7.

Have you a old version of software ?

Thanks

mr.vince

Re: installing kryoflux on Windows XP

Post by mr.vince » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 am

You need to install the driver. DTC is the main app, it is not the driver. The driver is in the driver folder and the install procedure is outlined in QuickStart and manual.

If you already broke it, you can check in device manager. If a USB camera pops up when attaching the board, right click the camera and chose to install new driver manually. Then point to driver directory.

jif

Post by jif » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello,

i have installed the driver, kryoflux is detected but when i execute dtc i have an error.
you can see the error below :

http://postimg.org/image/u07llh41z/

Thanks

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 am

Please reinstall properly. I am confident there is still something wrong with the driver. I have not seen a single crash in over four years.

BTW: to make sure this is not 64bit related, please try running DTC from the 2.20 package.

Specfreak

Post by Specfreak » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:28 am

Hi all,

I've been using DTC 2.20 on my Shuttle PC with WIndows XP SP3 fine. I decided to upgrade to DTC 2.51.
However as soon as I try to load the UI or use "DTC -c2" I get an immediate crash, similar to OP's screen grab.
DTC 2.20 still works okay. Any ideas what the problem is ? I'm using the 32-bit version of DTC. I re-installed the drivers from the new package, but they seem to be the sam anyway:
C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll
C:\Windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll

The filesizes match the x86 versions in the folder.

I wonder if something is wrong with "C:\Windows\system32\WinUSB.sys" ? Or is that created from one of the above DLLs ?

Should the x86 folder work on Intel and AMD ? My CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 2000+

Or should I totally uninstall the driver and re-install again ?

A screen dump similar to Jif's can be seen here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153 ... CCrash.jpg

I've tried on my Mac 12-core Xeon running Yosemite (10.10) but it doesn't seem to see the USB device.
Failing that I can always use my Mac's VM Windows 7 6-bit, though if it doesn't see the device I won't be able to pass it on to the Windows VM.
Maybe I'll take it home and try on my PC there. Could it just be an issue with the older AMD Athlon ?

Cheers

Specfreak

Post by Specfreak » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:39 am

Okay, I've installed it on my Parallels VM running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise (at work).
Mac sees it as Atmel Communications. VM sees it as Bosma or something on COM3, install then it goes to COM4 and worked.
I guess it's easier on my VM as I can just copy stuff to my USB and everything, so no loss if the shuttle has to retire in the corner ;-). Still curious as to why it didn't work, but maybe I have to totally remove and re-install it ? Rather than just update the driver.

Just dumping some test Amiga disks now....

Cheers

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:42 pm

You must reset the board when you update the software. If it's still connected and running (green yellow lights), then the old firmware is still in ram.