Read one side in preservation mode

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
damieng

Read one side in preservation mode

Post by damieng » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi there.

I'm imaging a bunch of 3" and 5.25" disks in single-sided drives but Kryoflux is reading both sides, even if I copy the profile and set Side Mode to Side 0.

Obviously the second side is a complete second copy of the first and completely redundant and needs to be switched off for these disks.

Update: I've managed to achieve the correct result using the command-line tool. I suspect the UI either isn't putting the side select into the command line or is putting them after the -i0 flag.
As a feature request outputing the command line to the UI window would be useful for learning the various switches/making subtle tweaks the UI can't do.

Thanks,

[)amien

Darkstar

Re: Read one side in preservation mode

Post by Darkstar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 pm

damieng wrote:As a feature request outputing the command line to the UI window would be useful for learning the various switches/making subtle tweaks the UI can't do.
+1 to that! Good idea...

-Darkstar

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:35 pm

This feature is allready inplemented! At least in Linux and Mac-OS...

If you start the GUI in terminal-mode the terminal shows all the commands and messages going to and comming from dtc! I'm not famliar with windows, but it should work similar, if you stard the GUI from a DOS-prompt. (Correct me If I'm wrong please)

Feltzkrone

Post by Feltzkrone » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:34 pm

This should also work similarly in windows when typing the following from a DOS-prompt:
java.exe -jar kryofluxui.jar

Double clicking the jar file is usually just the same as launching with via javaw.exe, which does not open a console window.