Raspberry Pi anyone?

3rd Party Software, Tools & Add-ons for KryoFlux
RockyBOulder

Re: Raspberry Pi anyone?

Post by RockyBOulder » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:50 pm

mr.vince wrote:Multidisk: I think we have KF running on the new Raspberry 2, so yes, the new USB can cope with the data rate... Would need to release a build, but if you email me, can get you in touch with the dev.
Hello :-) I am not Multidisk but are there any news about a build for the Raspberry 2? Would really like to use KryoFlux with mine.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi, this never made it to "for production" status. Although the USB seems to be quick enough, the computing power itself is limiting.

RockyBOulder

Post by RockyBOulder » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:32 pm

That's a pity. Really hoped it would be usable especially since the Pi2 has 4 cores running @900Mhz. Hope the next installment of the Pi will be supported then if Pi2 is indeed not possible. Don't even need the GUI.

lizardb0y

Post by lizardb0y » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:04 am

mr.vince wrote:Hi, this never made it to "for production" status. Although the USB seems to be quick enough, the computing power itself is limiting.
Seeing as RockyBOulder has already resurrected this thread this year, I wonder if the Raspberry Pi 3 makes it practical with both USB and processor speed? I'd love to have my (external SCSI enclosure based) KryoBox fully self contained.

https://imgur.com/iyBdJOl

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Not at the moment, maintaining a port takes a lot of time and the user base for the new Raspi is still rather small.