IPF creation and disk writing via Kryoflux

3rd Party Software, Tools & Add-ons for KryoFlux
BarryB

Re: IPF creation and disk writing via Kryoflux

Post by BarryB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 pm

That output looks more promising!

The only drawback with disk-analyse is all the formats have to be hand coded into it, meaning you have to disassemble each game and determine the disk format and copy protection, not a 5 minute job! Keir has added quite a lot of common and not so common formats, just look at the 'formats' file. Unfortunately, he has not got time currently to add more formats as he's an extremely busy person, but if you know about amiga disk formats and are familiar with Linux coding and feel like contributing to Disk-Utilities development, contact him via his GitHub page!

You might also want to contact SPS for FTP access and upload your streams for them to analyse/preserve, in fact any floppy media you have might be worth dumping/uploading, provided you know what format the media is.

jjsimpso

Post by jjsimpso » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:30 pm

I tried the Rogue ipf in UAE and it works! Thanks for your help.

I am a Linux developer but I know basically nothing about Amiga disk formats or m68k assembly. I can at least contribute my Rogue settings to the disk-analyse formats file though. I'll also see about getting my stream files to the SPS.

BarryB

Post by BarryB » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Thought it might work, just looked like some of the disks I have with the same type of protection. I normally use probe_amiga to see if disk-analyse can recognise any disk format or protection, if not then it's either trial and error or give up straight away!

Being a Linux developer is one thing, understanding m68k stuff is another :lol: Coupled with understanding the FDC on the Amiga as well, not something I have any knowledge of unfortunately, you either need to be an ex Amiga cracker or hardware/software developer!