KFAnalyze - KryoFlux Stream Analyzer

3rd Party Software, Tools & Add-ons for KryoFlux
DrCoolZic

KFAnalyze - KryoFlux Stream Analyzer

Post by DrCoolZic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:44 pm

I have just completed an alpha version of a program to analyze the stream file produced by the KryoFlux device.

This program analyze a raw Stream File and "decode" the transitions in the file as a Western Digital WD1772 floppy disk controller would do. For that matter the input transitions are pipelined through a DPLL (digital phase lock loop), a shift register, and an "address mark" detector. The program is based on the work I did several years ago around the Discovery Cartridge.

The program analyzes the stream input files and executes three phases:
  • The read track phase: In this phase all the flux transitions of the Stream file are decoded as a WD1772 FD controller would do with a read track command. At the end of the analysis both the “layout” of the track as well as the content of the track buffer are displayed. Note that by default the analysis does not look for sync mark in ID and DATA block. You can force a “real” read track by using the –s option
  • The read address phase: In this phase the program decodes from the stream file all the ID blocks of the track as a WD1772 FDC would do with multiple read address commands. At the end of the analysis the “layout” of the ID as well as the content of the ID buffers are displayed for all the IDs found.
  • The read sector phase: In this phase the program decodes from the stream file all the sectors corresponding to the ID blocks found in the preceding phase. Each sector is in fact decoded multiple times corresponding to the number of rotation analyzed by the KryoFlux DTC program. This is necessary to check if the sector contains fuzzy bytes. At the end of the analysis the “layout” of the Sector as well as the content of the Sector buffer are displayed for all the sectors analyzed.
The program is also capable of creating plots of the layout of the track and sectors. For information on usage of the program please read the provided documentation.

The program executable, documentation, and scripts to be used with the ploticus program is attached to this post.

Oops maximum size for attachment is 256 K so documentation will not fit :roll: so for the documentation go to http://info-coach.fr/atari/hardware/dev ... #kfanalyze where you will be able to get all

To produce plot you will need ploticus at http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/welcome.html

NOTE: This is an ALPHA version of the program (already tested on many test cases but still in dev) and this program has been developed for Atari stream images. It might work for other platforms but has not been designed or tested for that ;)

If you want more details and see results of test cases look at http://info-coach.fr/atari/hardware/dev ... yoflux.php

Enjoy
Jean
Attachments
ploticus.rar
Ploticus script
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
KFAnalyze_exe.rar
Executable
(30.62 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by DrCoolZic on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJMcInty

Re: KryoFlux Stream Analyzer

Post by RJMcInty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 am

This is *really* cool, and exactly the sort of thing that I hope to be able to do for Commodore 64 disks in the near future.

Great work!
Robert

DrCoolZic

Re: KFAnalyze - KryoFlux Stream Analyzer

Post by DrCoolZic » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:42 pm

A new version 1.1 of the KFAnalyze program is now available.
It fixes some minor problems and add the protection mechanism detection.

Feedback welcome
Attachments
KFAnalyze.rar
KFAnlyze program documentation and ploticus script files
(626.96 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

DrCoolZic

Post by DrCoolZic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:48 pm

New version 1.2 of KFAnalyze program.

- Added the capability to specify the "revolution" used to decode data in the command line argument
- The timing stored for the decoded bytes in buffers are now based on the timing of the first flux transition of the decoded byte. Used to be the last transition of the byte
- Added the capability to plot data information (clock / data / encoded) in the sector plot (new ploticus script file)
- Lot of work on the documentation! Added documentation on the inner working of KFAnalyze so people can better understand the outputs.

Enjoy - feedback welcome
Attachments
KFAnalyze.rar
Program + documentation + scripts
(587.4 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

steinmonty

Post by steinmonty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi,

Im interested in developing some software for analyzing Kyroflux .raw data streams but I have no idea of the file format can you help or is the format undocumented ?

I already have 3 raw dumps of VZ300 5.25 floppies, (only a real shame I need a raw image of a newly formatted disk)

I cant make any sense of how the image is stored.

If I can understand the format I can make an APP to convert the raw data into an image usable in an emulator.

Please Help if you can, if The format is a secret and im not supposed to know, then im sorry for asking.

Thank you.

Feltzkrone

Post by Feltzkrone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:07 pm

It is not a secret, please have a look at http://www.softpres.org/kryoflux:stream for the documentation. If you have questions regarding particular things which you might find confusing or you can't find an answer in the docs, please don't hesitate to ask here.

DrCoolZic

Post by DrCoolZic » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:41 am

steinmonty wrote:Hi,

Im interested in developing some software for analyzing Kyroflux .raw data streams but I have no idea of the file format can you help or is the format undocumented ?

I already have 3 raw dumps of VZ300 5.25 floppies, (only a real shame I need a raw image of a newly formatted disk)

I cant make any sense of how the image is stored.

If I can understand the format I can make an APP to convert the raw data into an image usable in an emulator.

Please Help if you can, if The format is a secret and im not supposed to know, then im sorry for asking.

Thank you.
Please note that it seems that SPS/KryoFlux has officially "endorse" my document http://info-coach.fr/atari/software/pro ... otocol.pdf in the latest KryoFlux release http://www.kryoflux.com/download/kryofl ... indows.zip

Giants

Post by Giants » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 pm

I find your document on the net DrCoolZic
it's just amazing...

well done, it's a gold document.
thks a lot.

DrCoolZic

Post by DrCoolZic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am

Giants wrote:I find your document on the net DrCoolZic
it's just amazing...

well done, it's a gold document.
thks a lot.
Thanks and if you are interested I have a new Analyzer program (KFAnalyze is not maintained anymore) called Aufit http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=25906
It looks for Atari protections as described here http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=21952

Darkstar

Post by Darkstar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 am

Could you provide a download link here, preferably for a ZIP file? The only links I found on this Atari forum either require me to register, or are for a setup version

thanks
-Darkstar