DTC Assistant (Windows GUI Version)

3rd Party Software, Tools & Add-ons for KryoFlux
evanevery

DTC Assistant (Windows GUI Version)

Post by evanevery »

Here's another variation on the DTC Assistant. This time, instead of a DOS Console App, its a Windows GUI App... I'm done with my Commodore Disks and its time to move on to PC-DOS (MFM) floppies!

Similarly I wanted a method to just roll through imaging a bunch of disks without worrying to formally name them (yet). All of the configuration information is maintained in an INI file and most of it can be updated via the GUI itself. Basically just keep clicking "GO" and feeding disks. You can change configurations on the fly to any you have pre-configured or created. Dynamically expands the selection window for however many configs are in your INI file. Saves and displays log information.

As before both EXE and Source Code (AutoIT) is included...
DTC Assistant.zip
(539.05 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
evanevery

Re: DTC Assistant (Windows GUI Version)

Post by evanevery »

Here is an updated version 1.1 of the Windows DTC Assistant.

I fixed a couple of bugs and added the ability to automatically archive (zip) the raw files generated during a preservation pass. Take a look at the comments in the INI file for more information on how to use this feature.
DTC Assistant v1.1.zip
(540.03 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

Great Work! Thanks for sharing!

David
evanevery

Post by evanevery »

As I'm using this on a daily basis now, I've been constantly "polishing the apple" while I image my disks...

Here is version 1.2 with a bunch of GUI and usability updates. (...inc a separate/persistent log window and true 1 button operation - inc a redo button if you want to redo your last disk) There are also a couple of bug fixes...

As always, source code included! :-)

Enjoy
DTC Assistant v1.2.zip
(542.23 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
evanevery

Post by evanevery »

A few minor adjustments...
DTC Assistant v1.3.zip
(529.21 KiB) Downloaded 13 times