Real and Imaginary Disk Editor

3rd Party Software, Tools & Add-ons for KryoFlux
tomascz

Real and Imaginary Disk Editor

Post by tomascz »

Hi all Kryofluxers,

I've been developing this app since 2015, and in Spring of this year, I've added a read and write support for KryoFlux (without DTC) - functions well, but with many magical constants scattered in the resulting code, please take it as a very experimental solution for the moment being.

https://github.com/tomas-nestorovic/RIDE
brightcaster

Re: Real and Imaginary Disk Editor

Post by brightcaster »

That looks very interesting! Is there any chance to get a binary? As a linux user I don't have access to visual studio. But I would like to run it on wine...

David
tomascz

Post by tomascz »

Hi David,
there are already binaries to the right in the Code tab (must scroll a bit). Formerly it was nicely visible on the top (like Code or Issues tabs) but GitHub has decided otherwise.
Just in case: https://github.com/tomas-nestorovic/RIDE/releases
I'm not certain if you will be able to communicate with KryoFlux or internal PC floppy drive via Wine, but everything else is confirmed to function more or less well :-)
ZrX

Post by ZrX »

Interesting how you've managed to reverse to communication between KF and PC. :)
tomascz

Post by tomascz »

A little wonder for myself - the whole thread on a this (and English machine translation). There are, however, still plenty of magical constants in the resulting code that would be nice to have decode - but it somehow functions, where "somehow" means an occasional timeout but the data successfully written anyway.

Thanks to an awful crash in case of a mousewheel used in hexa-editor, I've yesterday issued a quick patch version 1.6.1.1.