Internally in normal tower.

Show us your setup and show us where the units are being used.
e5frog

Internally in normal tower.

Post by e5frog » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Would have been easier if all these posts were in the same topic - so you could scroll through them... but it seems this is the way you want it.

Looked at some pictures and it seems people have a lot of spare time on their hands. ;-)

I had three potential drives in a drawer of the laboratory (read: furnished closet where I have all my stuff, desk, arcade game, 20 inch TV etc etc etc).
Started by following the quickstart guide and one drive could go as far as track 83 and the other two only to 81. Problem was the 83 track model didn't have a front as it was previously in that type of computer so I settled for one of the others and tested writing a Lemmings ipf file which seemed to work fine, the last 81 track drive didn't work well, got some odd behavior there when trying it in the A500 so decisions was final. Probably have one or two diskdrives available from other computers as well in case it doesn't work out.

Relocated the harddrive to lower front, on it's side so I had room where the hatch for the diskdrive was, popped the hatch and plugged everything in, I was lucky to be able to use an internal plain USB connector of the internal card (USB wire was a bit long though) and then just put the lid back on (after having second thoughts about the isolation and stuffed an empty DVD case there as well...). Handy and safe from the kids, no extra space needed.

That's it, nothing fancy, seems to work fine for now but I'm guessing there could be future alignment problems. I'd rather use my A600 and WHDLoad but sometimes you want that old school feeling. ;-)
Have the Zoomfloppy for C64 so I guess I won't have to look for a 5.25" drive but I might do that anyway and replace one of the optic storage units.

Can't figure out how to add a plain postimage-link to this odd forum ( It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. ) here so click if you want to see pictures:

http://s8.postimage.org/i0syll6rp/IMG_1918.jpg
http://s8.postimage.org/hf8l38139/IMG_1916.jpg

EDIT: Figured it out, attachments.. doesn't that take a bunch of server space?
Img_1916_small.jpg
Img_1916_small.jpg (154.58 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Img_1918_small.jpg
Img_1918_small.jpg (135.11 KiB) Viewed 1693 times

mr.vince

Re: Internally in normal tower.

Post by mr.vince » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Nice. Is there a reason why the KF board is powered?

e5frog

Post by e5frog » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Ahem... seems the USB cord is enough... :oops:
No, I guess there's no reason, I guess the USB should be able to supply enough current for the KF board. ;-)

Unhooked.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 pm

You might want to read the rest of the manual as well... ;)