Flippy Mod-Panasonic JU-475 AKJ Con'td

Show us your setup and show us where the units are being used.
airnocker

Flippy Mod-Panasonic JU-475 AKJ Con'td

Post by airnocker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 am

The only minor problem I encountered after the drive was reassembled and connected again to the KryoFlux was that I notice most of my old Verbatim disks slide in the floppy disk slot just fine, but with some very minor resistance about halfway in. This did not happen at all prior to the flippy modification.

One vendor diskette was slightly thicker and met total resistance about halfway in. Turned out to be one of the head shield cover screws was too long for that position. The shield cover secures with three screws, two short one long. This photo shows were the one was that was too long and interfered with the disk insertion.

20170803_110702cMod.jpg
Red oval shows location where a short screw is a must!
20170820_152933csMod.jpg
This last photo shows once that Pin 33 is cut free from the ground plane how little space above the ribbon cable connector the solder point is for one end of the transistor's 2Kohm base resistor. Its plenty big if you keep your solder connection neat and small.

Thanks to all who helped make this flippy mod possible! Imaging a double-sided 5-1/4 disk in one pass is indeed the kingway!!
airnocker
----------------------------------------------
Everything depends on everything else

mr.vince

Re: Flippy Mod-Panasonic JU-475 AKJ Con'td

Post by mr.vince » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Chapeau, well done!