GUI improvement - combine/reduce the tabs

Have an idea how to make KryoFlux even better? Let us know...
wuffe

GUI improvement - combine/reduce the tabs

Post by wuffe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi,

I'd like to suggest an easy GUI improvement:

Please combine the "Track" and "Summary" tabs into one - I find myself always flipping back and forth between these two tabs.

Their contents logically belongs together.

And frankly the limited amount of info on the "Summary" tab is a kind of "lonely" - seems as if it was made just to demonstrate "hey look here we do master tabs in the GUI" ;-)

Thanks in advance

/Uffe

karadoc

Re: GUI improvement - combine/reduce the tabs

Post by karadoc » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. The problem with the summary information is that is does not really relate to a track. You are right, it's so little information though, it doesn't really seem right to be on a tab by itself.

A couple of unfinished features we have not activated yet is advanced track info (like you get with DTC on the command line) that takes up a lot more room on the track tab. This info will be optional, but would be too much to add the summary info too.

There is also some more info for the summary tab that has not been activated yet (e.g. estimated completion time).

With that in mind, maybe we should put the summary information somewhere else? Not sure where. Perhaps on the status bar?

wuffe

Post by wuffe » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:00 am

karadoc wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean.

There is also some more info for the summary tab that has not been activated yet (e.g. estimated completion time).

With that in mind, maybe we should put the summary information somewhere else? Not sure where. Perhaps on the status bar?
A status bar would be a great idea since the (advanced) user would need both track info and summary - and clicking back and forth between tabs is just bad usability.

+1 - i vote for at status bar

Thx

/Uffe

karadoc

Post by karadoc » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 am

Yep. I do agree. Okay, status bar it is. We have a new version being released, hopefully this weekend. So we'll look to making this change for the next version after that.

Thanks for the feedback!

wuffe

Post by wuffe » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 am

karadoc wrote: Thanks for the feedback!
Thank you for your quick and swift reaction :-)

DrCoolZic

Post by DrCoolZic » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 am

This would be great - thanks for this nice piece of software

karadoc

Post by karadoc » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Been meaning to mention this for a while, but this feature has been implemented, and should be in the latest public version.

wuffe

Post by wuffe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 am

karadoc wrote:Been meaning to mention this for a while, but this feature has been implemented, and should be in the latest public version.
Thanks for your reply - and thanks for adapting this idea :-)

I guess that you implicit means the "Winblows" version ?

I'm still waiting for update for linux - last public version is (v1.0 Beta 10 release 4, 2011-07-07) to mu knowledge - more than 6 months ago.

/Uffe :-)

Malvineous

Post by Malvineous » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 am

Linux v2.0 beta 7 is being packaged right now, hopefully it's not too far off and will have these GUI improvements in it.

wuffe

Post by wuffe » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 am

Malvineous wrote:Linux v2.0 beta 7 is being packaged right now, hopefully it's not too far off and will have these GUI improvements in it.
Great news thanks :-)