Mac?

Have an idea how to make KryoFlux even better? Let us know...
rtiainen

Mac?

Post by rtiainen »

Heips,

First of all, thanks everybody involved about this excellent project. So far I have been using my Amiga and to some extent Catweasel to read ancient disk formats. Both of those have their drawbacks and its great to see new development, so I'm going to buy a board as soon as you get more available..

However, as one of the problems of Catweasel is being Windows-PC-only hardware, I have been wondering if you are planning to support Macs in the foreseeable future?

Rgds,
Sami

PS. Does anybody by any chance know a source for reasonable priced 8-inch drives? I have plenty of disks for various systems, but no hardware.
mr.vince

Re: Mac?

Post by mr.vince »

It's an USB device, and codebase is prepared for portability. We can't just supervise everything at the same time, but this will come.
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

As for the 8" drives, we have been looking for them too, but unfortunately one at a "reasonable price" seems to be very rare. :(
rtiainen

Post by rtiainen »

mr.vince wrote:It's an USB device, and codebase is prepared for portability. We can't just supervise everything at the same time, but this will come.
Cool, I didn't assume that you'll release support at once.. As that's planned, I'll just wait patiently ;)

If you need any help for testing or something, just let me know.

Thanks,
Sami
rtiainen

Post by rtiainen »

karadoc wrote:As for the 8" drives, we have been looking for them too, but unfortunately one at a "reasonable price" seems to be very rare. :(
Yeah, that's the way it seems to be indeed.. thanks anyway.

Rgds,
Sami
Malvineous

Post by Malvineous »

I've got three 8" drives I obtained after the IT museum at my local university closed down, so once I've built some power supplies for them (they need 240VAC, 24VDC and -5VDC) I'm hoping I'll be able to get them working with the KryoFlux (still waiting for the postman.) If I can I'd be happy to provide dumps for people if they're willing to ship disks to me in Australia.

Since I run Linux I'm also very interested in a non-Windows version. It sounds like this will come eventually (from a comment in another thread), but I'd also be happy to assist with any porting efforts.
sarnau

Post by sarnau »

rtiainen wrote:I have been wondering if you are planning to support Macs in the foreseeable future?
I already have a version of dtc running natively on my Mac, so yes: it is on its way!
mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Ha, now sarnau has dropped the bomb.

I can confirm that I also saw it running on my Mac yesterday, but there are some things we need to discuss and work out. But yay... it already dumps disks like there is no tomorrow!

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank sarnau for working on this...