[SOLVED] KryoFlux Board Stopped Working?

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
voidp

[SOLVED] KryoFlux Board Stopped Working?

Post by voidp » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:42 pm

I received a new KryoFlux board and successfully dumped scores of 5.25" disks. A day later DTC only reports errors with the same setup. I'm trying to perform setup as follows:

1] Connect Kryoflux to drive (5.25 TEAC FD-55GFR).
2] Connect Kryoflux to PC via USB. Windows 7 reports KryoFlux working properly.
3] Issue "dtc -c2" --> "Can't open firmware file".
4] Issue "dtc -c2" --> "Device does not accept Mode command".
5] Cycle KryoFlux power.
6] Issue "dtc -c2" --> "Control command rejected by the device" + "CM: maxtrack=0".
7] Power drive directly with PSU.
8] Issue "dtc -c2" --> "CM: maxtrack=83".

Now I can't get past step 4/5. I rebooted the PC and went thru KryoFlux setup from scratch with no success. I also tried several other things: cycled KryoFlux power (which resolved issues the first day), swapped PSUs (the drive motor twitches at power-on), verified the PSUs' voltages, tried three (3) 3.5" drives listed as compatible, and swapped floppy cables. The KryoFlux's red LED is solid. I'd seen green and yellow when it was working.

What more can I do to diagnose the problem?
Last edited by voidp on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.vince

Re: KryoFlux Board Stopped Working?

Post by mr.vince » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Please try the bare board without a drive attached. The firmware thing is a clear hint. You need to have the firmware file in the same directory as DTC; please copy a fresh DTC folder from the release archive if needed).

voidp

Re: KryoFlux Board Stopped Working?

Post by voidp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:22 pm

The firmware file wasn't in the ~\DTC_x64 subfolder.

I started off by using the 32-bit version directly from the ~\dtc folder. Later that day I added ~\DTC_x64 to my PATH and began using it from other folders. I guess I never cycled the board's power in the meantime and thus never saw the problem.

mr.vince

Re: [SOLVED] KryoFlux Board Stopped Working?

Post by mr.vince » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:38 am

Hence our proposal to copy the version you need to a folder of your choice. We have not duplicated the firmware as it would bloat the archive.