How do I get the KryoFlux software to work.

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
steinmonty

How do I get the KryoFlux software to work.

Post by steinmonty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 am

Hi,

Im a newbie, so dont laugh,

but I have downloaded the KryoFlux software tool and cant find an executable file anywhere at all ?

There is something DOS like "DTC" and my computer (XP) calls the UI a noika-phone-app-installer.

Double clicking on the Kryoflux-ui file does nothing at all ?

Double clicking on DTC just gives me an error message, "WINUSB.DLL NOT FOUND"

I have read the kf quickstart guide, I write software but im completely lost trying to get this going ????

same for KFAnalyze_exe.rar

All I get is Error messages Missing MSVCR100D.dll

Dll's are a waste of time and so 90's ... :-(

Sorry about asking such a basic question.....

Edsel007

Re: How do I get the KryoFlux software to work.

Post by Edsel007 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 am

Did you install the driver?

steinmonty

Post by steinmonty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 am

I have figured out (I think) that the software doesnt work until after the device has been plugged in and it asked for drivers.

I dont have the KryoFlux Hardware, I just have some .raw dumps that I was extracting .DSK images from and just wanted to have a look at the KryoFlux software (may purchase one, sooner or later but I can only do bank transfers)

Im in the process of writting my own App that converts the .raw data into a .DSK format for the VZ300, its well on the way and I have been able to extract some sectors so far, just figuring things out.

karadoc

Post by karadoc » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Yes, you need to install the drivers to get the winusb.dll installed. That's a Microsoft DLL. Maybe you can find it elsewhere somewhere, and just stick it in the same directory as DTC.

The user interface needs Java. So you will need to install that first. Once you have done that, double-clicking the JAR should work.

Hope that helps!