My Kryoflux don't work anymore? :(

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Massi cadenti

My Kryoflux don't work anymore? :(

Post by Massi cadenti »

When I try "dtc -c2" it says "Device Info command response is incompatible"
The drives are powered, apparently. I've both a 3.5" and a 5.25" and it spins disk when I insert. I've tried changing USB port, and also power off for all.
I remember having a similar problem at start of Kryoflux, and was solved by itself, after a lot of time (hours...). Apparently it's caused by underpowering the drives.
My Kryoflux board isn't powered directly (only by USB), and I power drives with additional power supply (I've buyed here). I attach my system.

The LEDs on Kryoflux board are: red led always on (when it's connected), and yellow and green alternatively SLOWLY flashing (so slowly they're close to always on).
If I reset the board (with reset button on it) I see only power led on, but when I retry is the same (yellow and green led always SLOWLY flashing).
My Kryoflux is broken? :( it's always recognized by PC without problems, and I see it into peripherals (I've WIndows XP SP3). If I disconnect and reconnect, the PC remove it and readd it without problems.
It exist a diagnostic mode at least for the board, so I'll exclude one problem?
I don't know if the problem will solve by itself as the other time, but I hope yes.
I'll retry tomorrow. :(

BTW, with this scheme I've used Kryoflux for over an year without too problems (only at start, as I've said)
Attachments
Schematics of my connections
Schematics of my connections
kryoflux.jpg (42.52 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Last edited by Massi cadenti on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Massi cadenti

Re: My Kryoflux don't work anymore? :(

Post by Massi cadenti »

Always the same error. :( Any help?

edit: I try with board connected ONLY via USB, is the same. BTW I don't expect it works without floppy cable connected, but I mean the LEDs flashing, is the same. Red when I connect (or after a reset), green and yellow SLOWLY flashing when I do a command from the PC. It's normal?

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Which software do you use?

Massi cadenti

Post by Massi cadenti »

mr.vince wrote:Which software do you use?
DTC 2.00b13 from command line on Windows XP SP3, I use also with the GUI (UI 1.7b) but with same result. Maybe I don't understand the question :(

Massi cadenti

Post by Massi cadenti »

Ok, I've tried changing the "fast" firmware.bin (in dtc folder, I don't have flashed anything) with "slow".
I can't in this moment try with drives connected to kryoflux, I tried with ONLY USB cable, now it answer (at "dtc -c2")

Control command rejected by the device
CM: maxtrack=0

Maybe it's a step forward. Tonight, or tomorrow, I'll retry with drives connected.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

You don't have flashed anything because KryoFlux does not flash the firmware.

Please use a fresh install and then connect one drive only. Do use a cable that's known to be good if possible.

IFW

Post by IFW »

Newer DTC versions all query hardware and firmware capabilities from the device attached and use those for processing.
The error you get means that the firmware does not supply some of the information requested.
Please always use matching firmware and software releases.
For example, it is possible that for some reason you have not updated the firmware file when unpacking the archive.

Massi cadenti

Post by Massi cadenti »

I've changed with slow and now it works, I don't have not yet retried reinstalling, but I'm sure it was this the problem.
I've another thing but I'll open other thread.