Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
schombi

Re: Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

Post by schombi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:41 am

That´s good news, thanks! However, it´s even more important to update or remove the quick start guide. That´s what people read when they open up the box - they don´t go through an entire forum.

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Hiya all,
I'm trying this on Windows 10 Bootcamp (Mac Pro 20112) and can't get it working. As MacOS Mojave does not seem supproted on the Mac version of the softeware I decided to try it under Windows. Under Device Manager I have:

Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)

But I can't see the Bossa device anywhere??? I also tried to specify the driver for the device manually but it does not take it. I clicked on Windows update driver and it seemed to download the Bossa driver but the device is not lsited and dtc does not detect the board :(

Any help most appreciated as I can't advance in MacOS or Windows 10 :(

Cheers,
Rob

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Have you at least tried the MacOS version? We just certify OS versions which have been tested but we haven't heard of any issues.

Bootcamp is not supported as we don't know how properly the underlying USB hardware is presented to the "emulated" OS.

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 pm

@Mr.Vince:

It does not work under Mojave, MacOS 10.14.3. I get "USB Endpoint not found"

Heres the post I'm using:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1099&start=20

Would be great to have it working as at present my card is useless as I don't have a PC to install Windows 10 :(

Cheers,
Rob

Dominus

Post by Dominus » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm

I also have Mojave and I couldn't make it work on it. But I have it working on both bootcamp.
Steps of what I did in bootcamp:
- right click on "KyroFlux USB driver.inf" (in the driver subfolder of the Windows package) and chose to install the driver
- Open the Device Manager and then clcik on menu item "view" and "show hidden devices"
- The bossa device showed up in the Com/LPT group
- doubleclick the bossa device, chose update driver, search computer, choose from a list of available drivers... and then selected Kryoflux.

But I switched the USB port from direct plugin to a hub and it is now working on Mojave as well... but only if I connect it to my Windows 10 VM first and do the above steps...

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Dominus wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm
I also have Mojave and I couldn't make it work on it. But I have it working on both bootcamp.
Steps of what I did in bootcamp:
- right click on "KyroFlux USB driver.inf" (in the driver subfolder of the Windows package) and chose to install the driver
- Open the Device Manager and then clcik on menu item "view" and "show hidden devices"
- The bossa device showed up in the Com/LPT group
- doubleclick the bossa device, chose update driver, search computer, choose from a list of available drivers... and then selected Kryoflux.

But I switched the USB port from direct plugin to a hub and it is now working on Mojave as well... but only if I connect it to my Windows 10 VM first and do the above steps...
When you say under Mojave switched from direct plugin to a hub, do your mean it was not working when directly contented to your Mac's USB port, but when you connect a USB hub to your mac then the Kryoflux to your hub it worked? What hub are you using?

Dominus

Post by Dominus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:34 am

I think the hub thing wasn't the culprit. I'd have to try but probably still the only thing that matters is the steps in the Windows VM ;(
(My hub is a 7port USB3 hub in industrial sturdy metal design. I think no special brand

robbo007

Post by robbo007 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:30 pm

ok ,but you got it working under Mojave right?

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 pm

@Dominus

The Kryoflux hardware first comes up as USB device "Atmel Corp. at91sam SAMBA bootloader" to get the firmware loaded. After that it changes name to "www.softpress.org KryoFlux DiskSystem" and the LEDs start flashing.

So if you have the firmware allready loaded (via your guest-system) and you don't pull the real usb connector (no power interupt) the LEDs don't stop flashing and the device can be accesed as "www.softpress.org KryoFlux DiskSystem" from you host-system (mojave) because the firmware is still loaded!

So for me it looks as if the real problem is the firmware getting loaded. After that everything works fine I gues...

David
Last edited by brightcaster on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dominus

Post by Dominus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Makes sense