Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
mr.vince

Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

Post by mr.vince » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm

This is an updated post so replies don't match. Please read original post below to follow thread.

Here's how to install KryoFlux on Windows 10 if the method in the manual did not work:

1. Connect the KryoFlux board (no drive needed)
2. Open Device Manager
3. Check under LPT & COM ports that a device called "Bossa" pops up
4. Right click the Bossa device, chose to update driver.
5. Chose to pick the driver yourself from a list (should be second option at the bottom)
6. If you already had KryoFlux installed before, it should be in this list, otherwise chose to "Have disk", then navigate to the drivers folder in the KryoFlux folder
7. Pick the KryoFlux driver
8. Now run the KryoFlux software, either by running the GUI (just pick something and chose to dump) or run e.g. "DTC -c2" from the command line
9. The firmware loads to the device, it re-enumerates.
10. Check again under LPT & COM, the Bossa device is back.
11. Once again replace the driver starting at 4.
12. You're done. Happy dumping!

Old post:

KryoFlux works fine with Windows 8. Although we use only Windows components supplied by Microsoft to talk to the device, a missing digital signature will prevent Windows 8 from installing the device right away.

To install KryoFlux, please do the following:

Save your work.

If you are on the classic desktop, navigate your mouse to the lower right corner.

Click the gear symbol. Now "Change PC settings". After that, go to "General/Advanced start-up/Restart now".

The upcoming menu will present you with a list of choices. Number seven will let you disable driver signature enforcement.

When you are now back in Windows, plug in the device. If Windows should chose to try to install a driver on its own, go to the Device Manager. You will see a new device, most likely a camera, which is in need of a proper driver. Click on properties, then tell Windows you want to pick the driver yourself and point Windows to the driver directory which was included with the Windows download. After the driver has been installed, hang on! Use DTC once, this will reset the device and Windows will need to install the driver a second time. You normally don't need to do anything, unless the device manager presents you with a camera again. In this case, repeat the procedure.

Now reboot as needed and re-connect to the internet.

BarryB

Re: Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8

Post by BarryB » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 pm

I've successfully installed my Kryoflux in Windows 8.1 Pro from TechNet and didn't have to disable driver signing, it just asked if I wanted to trust the driver and let me install it. Wrote the 4 IPFs of Jurassic Park AGA back to disk for testing on my A1200 and they work fine so far.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Yes, the latest driver was signed by our friends from Cloanto (Amiga Forever), hence should work without any complications.

BarryB

Post by BarryB » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:21 pm

mr.vince wrote:Yes, the latest driver was signed by our friends from Cloanto (Amiga Forever), hence should work without any complications.
That was jolly nice of them :)

Yes, installation went smoothly using the v2.20 package in Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 am

Thanks for feedback. Will keep this thread around for a little more for people still using older versions (for whatever reason).

bluebear

Post by bluebear » Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 am

So we can safely upgrade to Windows 8.1 :)

IFW

Post by IFW » Thu May 29, 2014 4:58 pm

I've been using W8.1 ever since it was available for download... so yes.

digitalworkshed

Post by digitalworkshed » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:53 am

Good thing I stumbled upon this thread! Thanks man! :D

DrCoolZic

Re: Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

Post by DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Used to work without problem but ...
I have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1511 from scratch and now I am trying to reinstall the KF board
I have tried the procedure where you disable the driver signing but does not work for me

First when I plug the KF board the system does not ask anything and automatically install a driver ... for Bosso Program Port ? and dtc -c2 report device not found

I have tried all indication in this thread without success
But finally found the solution so if you find the same problem it may help you.

If you install and get device not found when using the dtc -c2 command check that you have a device called "Bosso Program Port Comxx" if this is the case de-install the peripheral AND associated driver.
Now DISCONNECT from Internet plug the KF board
Go to the driver directory and right click "Kryoflux USB Driver.inf" and select install
Reboot your system reconnect internet and it should work

Hope this help

DrCoolZic

Re: Installing KryoFlux in Windows 8 / 10

Post by DrCoolZic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Well actually it does not work because as soon as you re enable the internet connection the system reinstall the "Bossa Program Port (ComXX)" driver and the KF driver stop to work.
So currently the only way I have for using my KF board is to disconnect from internet.
Not very cool :(
Any feedback / idea / solution is welcome