Track distance out of range?

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
ggower81

Post by ggower81 »

Hi, the Kryoflux sounds like a great device. I've received it yesterday :D I have managed to install it today and am attempting to dump my first disc. Ater "DTC -c2" I get "CM: maxtrack=81" I'm using a Sony MPF520-1. So, when I try to dump my first disc using "DTC -filename.adf -i5" I get "Track distance is out of range 1...2: -filename.adf". Is the drive not good enough or am I missing something so simple I'd kick myself? Would be grateful for any help :)

Interceptor

Post by Interceptor »

-s00 -e83

Sets the start and end track range :)

IFW

Re: Track distance out of range?

Post by IFW »

You somehow used the -k option (maybe as part of a filename?), that is the only thing setting track distance.

TeaRex

Post by TeaRex »

ggower81 wrote:DTC -filename.adf
It's -ffilename.adf not just -filename.adf

Interceptor

Post by Interceptor »

I guess the file name begins with a k then? ;)

ggower81

Post by ggower81 »

I'm away from home right now, however you must be spot on. I tried to dump the nearest amiga disk, just to see Kryoflux working, it just happened to be Kindwords 3. I'll try it again once I'm home. I'm sure it will work now. Thanks very much :)

ggower81

Post by ggower81 »

It works now, thanks :) I neglected to put an f infront of the filename so "dtc -kw3.adf -i5" gave me that particular error. As I read the quickstart I interpritaded "fdiskname.adf" as short hand to "floppy disk name". I shall proceed to kick myself :lol: