Control command rejected by the device

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Please contact me via mail (e.g. shop), could be your board or your cable is knackered.

Harry

Re: Control command rejected by the device

Post by Harry »

Does the drive spin when using -c2 ?
If not, 5 V are present, but 12 V missing.

Just thought of another thing: Is there a need for the driver to be signed code on Win-x64? (asked to SPS)

Borderline

Post by Borderline »

mr.vince wrote:Please contact me via mail (e.g. shop), could be your board or your cable is knackered.
Will do.
Harry wrote:Does the drive spin when using -c2 ?
If not, 5 V are present, but 12 V missing.
No, it does not as far as I can tell. There shouldn't be any fault with the PSU as it's tested with a multimeter to work as it should.

Thanks, all, for the help.

Malvineous

Post by Malvineous »

Since you said you tried the floppies in a PC and they worked, are you using the same cable for the KryoFlux? As in, you unplugged the cable from the PC motherboard (leaving it connected to the drive) and then plugged it into the KryoFlux? Can you confirm the cable has a tab in it to prevent you from connecting it to the KryoFlux back-to-front?

TeaRex

Post by TeaRex »

Harry wrote:Just thought of another thing: Is there a need for the driver to be signed code on Win-x64? (asked to SPS)
I could install the driver on Win7 x64 without any issues and without using any dirty tricks or hacks (like enabling unsigned drivers at boot time). AFAIK it's only drivers that talk directly to the PC's own hardware which need to be signed on 64-bit windows. The KryoFlux driver seems to talk only to the Windows USB stack.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Indeed. The KF driver was made by Microsoft. It's the original WinUSB wrapped to talk to the KF board. We just created a text file that describes it.

Funny enough that Windows complains. The next step will be moaning about Apps as well and ten years later we have lost the ability to run our own code completely. ;)

Borderline

Post by Borderline »

Malvineous wrote:Since you said you tried the floppies in a PC and they worked, are you using the same cable for the KryoFlux? As in, you unplugged the cable from the PC motherboard (leaving it connected to the drive) and then plugged it into the KryoFlux? Can you confirm the cable has a tab in it to prevent you from connecting it to the KryoFlux back-to-front?
I tried the drives in a PC, but not with the same cable, no. I can get that cable and try later on, just to be sure.

If by tab you mean a physical extension on the connector, (sorry, English isn't my native tongue) which only fits one way in the slot on the Kryoflux, then yes, it has one. I've got cables without such a thing too, like the one which was in the PC. I will make sure it's connected the right way when trying it on the Kryoflux.

EDIT: I've now tried a couple of different cables which should work. It makes no difference with the board, though. I've been in contact with the team to see if a replacement is due, and they've been very helpful.

march

Post by march »

Just wondering if you managed to get it work?

I have the same problem.
I tried three different 3"1/2 drives (Mitsumi, Teac and Epson) with no success.
I am on Vista x64.

Borderline

Post by Borderline »

Yes, I did. I was sent a replacement board as the one I had seemed to be DOA.

The new board I've received works perfectly. I've been able to dump disks with it from the get-go.

march

Post by march »

Finally, my problem was due to my mistake.

The cable was incorrectly connected to my drives.
One of my drive have a connection port with two gaps, one above and one bellow pins, and I did not pay attention to the latter.
So, I placed the cable tab up which was the wrong position.

PS : thanks for the Kryoflux Team for the very fast replies to my support request.