How to get DTC working on Linux?

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Harry

Post by Harry »

On executing the step-by-step-instruction supplied by the sheet, I get a "Device control command failed" on executing dtc32 -c2 (dtc64 -c2 crashes with a kernel oops).
The red led on the board is lit with the usb plugged in, and the green and yellow leds fade to black and to full light alternatingly with an approx. 1 sec cycle when any dtc* has been executed.
libusb 1.0.8 is installed, modem has been blacklisted. dtc* has been executed as root, because I dont have a clue where the udev rule has to be written to. System is an Opensuse 11.4 on an AMD64 (not 11.3 as i wrote first).

Harry

Re: How to get DTC working on Linux?

Post by Harry »

After having set up Kryoflux in a virtual Windows machine under Linux, the native version with dtc32 works now too. No idea what I have made differently.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Maybe drive not powered? Molex is pretty picky sometimes.

jimm1909

Re: How to get DTC working on Linux?

Post by jimm1909 »

Harry wrote:After having set up Kryoflux in a virtual Windows machine under Linux, the native version with dtc32 works now too. No idea what I have made differently.
Same thing happened to me. Did you ever figure out if it was due to the drive not being powered or what it was?

Thanks in advance,

-Jim
Last edited by jimm1909 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Guess it's more like some USB endpoint being blocked which got fixed by running a virtual machine that will for sure install virtual endpoints or similar to hook into the system.