is my Kryoflux dead?

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Boojakascha

is my Kryoflux dead?

Post by Boojakascha »

Hi

Today my Kryoflux system stopped working. I ran
dtc -c2
as usual and it came up with the usual numbers.

I then progressed as normal.

Upon inserting the diskette however, the drive sounded really fishy. Basically it spins high, but doesn't do anything else.

I tried over and over but now the Kryoflux doesn't recognize any board anymore. Instead of getting me the number of available positions it just spins every drive I give it it high.

I tried three drives now and two computers (Win 10 and 7). I am rather confident now that my Kryoflux might be dead :-(

Have you ever experienced something similar?

With kind regards
Ben
brightcaster

Re: is my Kryoflux dead?

Post by brightcaster »

Are the LEDs on the board still flashing after invoking a DTC command? If not the firmware may be corrupted!

In that case "Remove all cables, power off the board, set the "test" jumper, power on for 10 seconds, poweroff, remove the "test" jumper, and try again. This should reset the board in case the firmware is in some way corrupted"....

David
Boojakascha

Post by Boojakascha »

Yes, three of them are lighting up, after the DTC command. But the reset sounds tempting anyways, thank a lot, I will try :D
Boojakascha

Post by Boojakascha »

sadly it didn't work. Just to be sure: The "test" jumper, or the Erase pads connected with tweezers?
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

If the LEDs are blinking, it is most likely not the firmware. But from what you wrote in your first post, you never changed the ribbon cable from the Kryoflux to your drive. The behavior you described can also occur if some of the DATA wires are connected to GND (every second wire is GND, the rest are DATA and supply)!

David
Last edited by brightcaster on Wed May 26, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boojakascha

Post by Boojakascha »

Thanks a ton! I will have a look in my trunk whether I have a spare cable. I really should!
Are all pins on the Kryoflux poplulated? Else I have a look for missing pins.
mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Even are signals, odd is ground. Except for the last odd pin which is used for TRK00 bypass.