How can I ensure that the Kryoflux is the first to be powered on in an internally mounted scenario

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
donutbruit

How can I ensure that the Kryoflux is the first to be powered on in an internally mounted scenario

Post by donutbruit »

I require the use of an internally mounted flippy modified Panasonic floppy drive and I want to ensure the Kryoflux can properly detect it as a flippy modified drive while also using only the computer's own PSU's molex power connectors.

Is this possible? If not, I have wasted over €500.
brightcaster

Re: How can I ensure that the Kryoflux is the first to be powered on in an internally mounted scenario

Post by brightcaster »

Hmm, you asked this half a year ago and got proper answer. So why do you ask the same question again?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1708&p=15259#p15259

But you should keep this in mind:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=664&p=5814&hilit=mo ... dual#p5814

David
donutbruit

Re: How can I ensure that the Kryoflux is the first to be powered on in an internally mounted scenario

Post by donutbruit »

brightcaster wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:25 pm Hmm, you asked this half a year ago and got proper answer. So why do you ask the same question again?
I was super paranoid about everything in my immediate life last night; thank you for being patient and providing both of those links, I really appreciate your hospitality ^_^"
donutbruit

Post by donutbruit »

brightcaster wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:25 pm
Actually, I want to make sure of something... You have noticed I'm talking specifically of a flippy modified Panasonic, yes? If not, I'm going to let you know now that it's that specific detail that's causing me so much worry about the power.
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

Well, the USB port takes some time to initialize when booting, so the drive is always powered first in your configuration. So if it doesn't work as expected, it could be the problem with pin 33 connected to the unmodified 3,5" drive...

David
mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Since the additional signal needed to turn on the bypass makes use of one of the odd (1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) cables which are usually grounded, adding another, unmodified, drive to a flippy setup will cause this operation to fail. This is also documented.
donutbruit wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:05 am Is this possible? If not, I have wasted over €500.
No clickbait please. ;)