Combining interleaved disk sides to a single image

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
TonyF

Combining interleaved disk sides to a single image

Post by TonyF »

Hello
I'm trying to get a full disk image from an 8" DS SD drive but all i get is a side 0 and side 1 images separately.

What i really need is an interleaved full disk image like the -oo default gives during the running of the following DTC: " dtc -fOSBoot.img -v360 -z0 -g2 -i3 -e76 -l8" (See sample of last page of command running)

It could be that the tracks show modified HH form for the sectors it's reading and this is stopping the described combined output happening. (See the GUI image capture here) in this case maybe the system need a mask bit to override this as well

Is there and expert out there that can give me a few clues on what I'm doing wrong in the dtc script.

I must say this bit of hardware is amazing and beautifully made. the only problem i had was on Windows 10 that already has its version of the driver installed WHEN THERE WAS NO NET ACCESS and I had to fight the OS for a while to get it to install the real KF driver on top of what w10 told me was best.

Thanks in anticipation. Tony
Attachments
KF Read Capture.JPG
QdosBoot errors Capture.JPG
ZrX

Re: Combining interleaved disk sides to a single image

Post by ZrX »

TonyF wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:13 am dtc -fOSBoot.img -v360 -z0 -g2 -i3 -e76 -l8
You just need to drop the -g2, as that tells dtc to produce images of each side separately (g0 for side 0, g1 for side 1 and g2 for both sides). Without it it'll combine data from both sides into a single image.
I must say this bit of hardware is amazing and beautifully made. the only problem i had was on Windows 10 that already has its version of the driver installed WHEN THERE WAS NO NET ACCESS and I had to fight the OS for a while to get it to install the real KF driver on top of what w10 told me was best.
Still haven't figured out myself why on some systems you forcibly end up with the boss driver. Is it somehow related to the version of W10...
TonyF

Post by TonyF »

Thanks ZrX
I'm a bit too used to telling computers what to do in fine detail, Leaving stuff out is a real change.
its made the images from both sides seemingly interleaved correctly need to do some image integrity tests now to see I'm getting the whole disk images as faithfully as i need them.
Your help is very much appreciated.
Cheers
IFW

Post by IFW »

Also just in case it might help someone: take a look at the -oo parameter
Using that it is possible to generate any kind of side/track order in the image file automatically.