Options to write BBC Micro disks?

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
spiny

Options to write BBC Micro disks?

Post by spiny »

Hi All,

I've recently aquired a BBC Master and have added a 3.5 floppy drive, but I need to test it, is there a way I can WRITE a BBC disk using kryoflux?
The only disk images i've come across so far as *.ssd / *.dsd images which DTC can't seem to detect what format they are. I assume these are BBC emulator images ?

cheers :)

ZrX

Re: Options to write BBC Micro disks?

Post by ZrX »

You might be able to use HxC Floppy Emulator software to convert .ssd/.dsd imagefiles to a KryoFlux .raw format which you could then write to a real disk.

spiny

Post by spiny »

ZrX wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm
You might be able to use HxC Floppy Emulator software to convert .ssd/.dsd imagefiles to a KryoFlux .raw format which you could then write to a real disk.
I hadn't thought of doing it that way :)

edit: ah, need to get more hardware then :/

I'm an Atari ST guy, so thats what I'm used to, so writing .raw will be new to me, is the standard command:

DTC -ffilename.raw -w

all I would need ?

spiny

Post by spiny »

spiny wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm

edit: ah, need to get more hardware then :/

all I would need ?

Ah, I misread the page, grabbed the floppy emulator now, I'll see how I get on :)

In related news, I've managed to write a disk using Omniflop on my old XP machine I have for doing stuff like this, but using Kryo on my normal PC would be nicer.

spiny

Post by spiny »

ZrX wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm
Excellent, I can confirm this worked perfectly, thanks :)