The stream device reported missing index - no disk in drive

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
mbone

The stream device reported missing index - no disk in drive

Post by mbone »

Hi,

I am getting the error "The stream device reported missing index - no disk in drive" , until yesterday my device was fine and was I backing up my old games, but now I cannot get rid of this error.

I have tried using another Drive, Computer and cables reinstalling the drivers and software but still cannot find out how to fix this.

Any suggestions?
Order : 5406 / 25th August 2018

Regards
Matt

mr.vince

Re: The stream device reported missing index - no disk in drive

Post by mr.vince »

Was the device always set up or do you set it up and then put it back into storage? Missing index means the device does not see the drive's index signal. This could be the drive, the cable or the corresponding bus driver on the device (which is sensitive to static discharge if it's high enough). Also, how is it used? Is it set up in an enclosure or just placed on e.g. something?

mbone

Post by mbone »

Usually the device is setup for a few days on a wooden worktop then put back into its antistatic bag and stored away, The drive is fine as this works ok in my PC, also tested other drives and different cables.

It appears that the board is toast.

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

Check the 12V line of your power supply (if you are using a 5,25" drive)! If the 12V are missing the motor will not spin and no index signal will be generated. 3,5" drives usually don't need the 12V line, so you may alternatively check with a 3,5" drive...

This doesn't happen to all 5,25" drives, as some check the 12v line by themselves somehow and come up with a "device control command failed" instead. But I once experienced this "missing index" error because of a lacking 12V line, but I can't remember the drives manufactor or type today...

David

mbone

Post by mbone »

Hi David,

Thanks for the info but it still is the same. All the voltages are OK.

ZrX

Post by ZrX »

Any progress or solutions yet?