DTC unknown architecture

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
Venti

DTC unknown architecture

Post by Venti »

Hello Forum

I recently bought a KryoFlux and installed it on my Windows 10 machine. It worked perfectly.

But since this is my travel-laptop, I wanted to set it up on my stationary lubuntu 19.10 laptop.
I downloaded the linux-version of DTC and installed "libusb 1.0.23" and Java "openjdk-11-jdk".

But when I enter any command in the Terminal it only sasy "Unknown architecture 'x86_64' ".

Greetings and thanks in advance
Venti
brightcaster

Re: DTC unknown architecture

Post by brightcaster »

Did you use the DTC binary from the x86_64 folder? Ubuntu 19.10 does no longer support 32bit applications!

David
Venti

Post by Venti »

Thank you very much.
You're right, I used the one in the main dtc-folder.

How do I use the binaries?
I see there are two folders ("static" and "dynamic"), which one should I use?

Venti
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

The one in the main folder is only a script which checks for your archictectur and invokes the correct binary. So if you keep the original directory structure everything should run out of the box. If it doesn't find the binary it prints "Unknown architecture '$ARCH' Please post on the KryoFlux forums at http://forums.kryoflux.com" on the screen...

Unless you keep the original directory structure and use the dtc script in the main folder you have to follow the guidelines for a permanent install in the readme.linux file included in the archiv!

David
Venti

Post by Venti »

Ok, I tried to execute them and all just say "error while loading shared libraries: libcapsimage.so.5".
Then I went back into the main dtc-folder and ran the dtc-script and it worked.

What I think caused the "Unknown architecture" error, was that I altered the $PATH variable to include the dtc folder. Because everytime I try to start the dtc-script when i'm not in its folder it throws the error and when I'm in the folder it doesn't.

Dtc seemed to work, so I hooked up the KryoFlux to the USB-Port and sadly lubuntu doesn't recognise anything.

Thank you for your expertise
Venti
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

The Kryoflux boards should be listed as "Atmel Corp. at91sam SAMBA bootloader" with the lsusb command. Did you install libusb-1.0? Or does it work with root permissions?

If you are new to the kryoflux on linux the linux part of this documentation may be also helpful:

https://github.com/archivistsguidetokry ... /README.md

David
Venti

Post by Venti »

I tried the "lsusb" command, the KryoFlux was there and when I tried "sudo ./dtc - c2" in the dtc folder it worked.

Now he's happily working on my old floppys.

Thank you very much for your help and have a great day.
Venti