Hard sectored support on Linux

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
noderat

Hard sectored support on Linux

Post by noderat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Is there a version of the KryoFlux dtc and GUI that supports hard sectored floppies on Linux? I can't seem to get it to work on the Linux version and there seems to be a number of command line flags missing from the Linux version as well. (Such as -tm# and plot options)

I was able to get the Windows version to work with wine to convert stream dumps to images, but I am unable to get it to connect to my KryoFlux over USB.

sTe

Re: Hard sectored support on Linux

Post by sTe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:45 am

I remember one of my linux friends also complaining about version differences. Would be nice to make the two systems match in features. I know its not much help, but if you have wine, I believe he uses that to run some options against raw files.

Zorix

Re: Hard sectored support on Linux

Post by Zorix » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Yes this is also an issue I may run into. I also don't have any Windows machines and I think that it likely wouldn't work well in wine or virtualization. It's also no necessary since we know this code can work in Linux because of earlier releases. I'd like to see a comment from a Kryoflux developer as to why it's so far behind. If it's an issue with free time to compile, then release the source.