Validated Amiga Disks, but "no flux reversal found"

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
ZrX

Re: Validated Amiga Disks, but "no flux reversal found"

Post by ZrX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Having two bad cables is kinda unlikely, but all bets are in.

molloch

Post by molloch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm

IT WORKS!!!

You wouldn't believe the reason, which was quite simple in the end:

I think we both were of the opinion that two faulty cables are somewhat very unlikely. So I looked again more thoroughly at the board, because when thinking back to yesterday's testing, I somehow had the feeling that the green light wasn't flashing "as often as I thought it should". (A pure stomach feeling.)

So I looked at the PIN again and saw that it was somewhat darker than the others, and it turned out it was partly covered by an unknown material, probably plastic (?). I cleaned the PIN, reconnected everything and... all sectors are green :D :D :D :D :D

(Apart from 3 faulty sectors)

The generated .adf works as expected, so I'm a happy man!!! I guess the next weeks will be filled with transferring old disks :D

I'm pretty sure I never would have looked at the PINs without your special firmware, so thank you again for this unbelievable support. You probably know what it's worth to me to be able to transfer things I created 30 years ago as a teenager (gfx, Code, text, ...) that is nowadays only existing on my personal set of disks and nowhere else. If you are near Munich sometime, let me know because I owe you at least a beer ;)

Or, as it would have been appropriate back then in the demoscene: Special THX go to ZrX for helping me!

I will certainly come back to this forum, I might have some other questions in the future.

... now back to "work" :)
Attachments
success.jpg
My first successful ADF transfer

ZrX

Post by ZrX » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Good news then. :)

So was the pin dirty right from the beginning?

And Munich is a bit too far from Finland. :)

molloch

Post by molloch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Can't say if the pin was dirty from the beginning, but I guess latest from the moment I plugged in the first cable (which was the one delivered with the board).

Anyway, I'm glad it works now - been dumping disks since my earlier message, and everything works just fine :)