I have validated 3,5" Amiga DOS Disks, and no matter what I do, all I get is the "No flux reversal found" error - can anyone help? (Please note: I already posted a similar request a few weeks ago, but since I now have more detailed information about the setup including pictures and dumps, I decided to open a new thread.)
All Disks were successfully tested a few days ago on original hardware (Commodore Amiga 500, internal drive), and all worked fine without any read-errors.
Here's my setup:
- Kryoflux board bought beginning of November '18, including data cable
- NEC 3,5" disk-drive, model FD 1231 H (built 2005, refurbished, looks & sounds "new")
- Tested on Win 10 and MacOS Sierra
- (Also tested with 2 other NEC FD 1231 H, and a different data cable. So I assume the error is somewhere else.)
- (Main power of drive plugged off)
- Connecting Kryoflux board with Mac: Red LED is permanently on
- Connecting disk-drive with main power
- command "dtc -c2" returns "CM: maxtrack=81"
- Starting the GUI
- Setting "Density Line High" (note: I also tried it with "Low", same result)
- Setting the drive as "Drive 0"
- First try is reading as Amiga DOS sector image (*.adf)
- During disk operations, the green LED is blinking
- Stipped after a few tracks, all came up as "red" with "no flux reversal found"
Code: Select all
/usr/local/bin/dtc -l15 -f/xxxxx/testoutput/track -i0 -i2 -d0 -p -e81 -dd1 000407c5: status=0 000407d9: reset=0 00040c2a: info=1, name=KryoFlux DiskSystem, version=2.20s, date=Jan 8 2015, time=13:49:26 00040c3e: info=2, hwid=1, hwrv=1, sck=24027428.5714285, ick=3003428.5714285625, wb=32768, wa=64, wq=8, wt=65535, wm=26 00040c52: device=0 00040c66: density=1 00040c7a: min_track=0 00040c8e: max_track=83 KryoFlux DiskTool Console, v2.62_OSX_x86-64, uiv.1, May 29 2016, 00:18:27 (c) 2009-2016 KryoFlux Products & Services Ltd. Developed by The Software Preservation Society, www.softpres.org Licensed for private, non-commercial use only. 00040ca2: motor=1 00041023: side=0 00041037: track=0 0004104b: stream=1 0004152c: stream=0 00.0 : frev: 0, drift: 0.000 us, tfer: 0 B/s, rpm: 299.120 00.0 : No flux reversal found 00041540: motor=1 00041554: side=0 00041568: track=1 000415d4: motor=1 000415e8: side=0 000415fc: track=0 00041668: stream=1 00041ac2: stream=0 00.0 : frev: 0, drift: 0.000 us, tfer: 0 B/s, rpm: 299.103 00.0 : No flux reversal found ...
At this moment, when doing "nothing", the board shows alternating green/yellow LED lights fading in/out.
I'm at a loss - I'm not a hardware expert, but I'm pretty sure disk drive and data cable are alright, and I confirmed that the disks are also still working as 30 years ago.
So what am I doing wrong? Did I somehow connect the cables wrong? (Can't think how, the noses don't give much room for errors) I didn't change any of the jumpers, and they seem to be as shown in the manual. Is there any way to confirm that the board is working as expected?
Anyway - Has anyone an idea? I'm willing to take the blame for doing some foolish mistakes, as long as I get this board to work. I'm of course willing to give more details & pictures if it helps.
Is anyone from Munich/ Germany reading this who has a working setup and who is willing to help me? (Doesn't have to be for free, I just want my old disks transferred.)
Best regards & thank you in advance