Writing back CT RAW images

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
caius

Writing back CT RAW images

Post by caius »

Hi all,
since some days I'm using again my Kryoflux device.I was wondering if it was possible to write back CT RAW images perhaps after some format conversion (like to IPF or ADF)
Thanks for any help/suggestion.

P.S.
Found these disk utilities, I'm gonna to compile them under Linux:

https://github.com/keirf/Disk-Utilities

IFW

Re: Writing back CT RAW images

Post by IFW »

In principle it's not safe to do that, since they are really just quantised stream dumps without any verification, but might work.

caius

Post by caius »

OK, thanks.So, do you mean the conversion is possible using the DTC program or these Linux utilities (or perhaps the HxC software)?

IFW

Post by IFW »

There might be programs to do that, but CT Raw is an emulation specific format (to make it easy to use "blind dumps") and was not designed for writing.

caius

Post by caius »

Yes, I know it's a merely an emulation format but there are some dumps not available in other formats that can be directly written or converted to IPF, ADF or STREAM and then written.It seems HxC floppy emulator software has support for CT RAW format but I didn't understand how to import such images as RAW ones (which parameters to choose)

New Loader : SPS CT Raw file format support added. (NOTE : No flakey bits support for the moment !)

IFW

Post by IFW »

I see... assuming other formats work for you with that program maybe it's as simple as changing the extension?

caius

Post by caius »

Yes, it's what I'm trying to do , the HxC program requires exact extension of disk image to be imported otherwise it will throw an error.But I can't figure out the right extension for CT RAW images.I posted on HxC forum, I hope Jeff will shed some light about.