Copylock/Speedlock 8K sectors

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
david g

Copylock/Speedlock 8K sectors

Post by david g » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Is there anyway with say dodumpcpc to read and backup copylock protected Amstrad CPC titles?
These have the 8K(6K) sectors. Normally,they give an MFM mismatch error and are not able to be dumped.

dlfrsilver

Re: Copylock/Speedlock 8K sectors

Post by dlfrsilver » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:36 am

The DTC tool already support those track formats. What kind of troubles do you have with them ?

david g

Post by david g » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Original disk works fine in a real Amstrad. The stream converted to hxc and the used on a real amstrad,does not. I am given read fail messages. Tried with several drives,all end up the same.

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 pm

You should ask on the HxC forum for help.

david g

Post by david g » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am

So very helpful :roll:
Don't answer helpfully,just fob me of elswhere
Thanks for nothing.

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 am

david g wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am
So very helpful :roll:
Don't answer helpfully,just fob me of elswhere
Thanks for nothing.
If i've pin pointed you to go to the HxC forum, that's because i know what i'm talkin' about ! :?

The original Disk works on a real Amstrad CPC => check
The Stream converted to HxC => BAD !

Something is wrong between both statement. IF the disk works fine on a real CPC, then the problem stands in the HxC conversion.

If the problem is not in the stream conversion, then your disk is bad, and your statement as it is working on real CPC is false.

Otherwise, is the floppy drive connected to the Kryoflux the same as the one you used to say that the disk is working on a real CPC ?

Other option, post here your dump i will check it. I've dumped & done 98% of the speedlock disk titles on CPC, so i will tell you quickly what wrong here.

david g

Post by david g » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 am

OK,
Thanks for the offer. I will take your advice and ask in the HxC forums. I just felt that the knowledge would be here

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

david g wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 am
OK,
Thanks for the offer. I will take your advice and ask in the HxC forums. I just felt that the knowledge would be here
Look if on each european countries you search someone who has preserved the most Amstrad CPC games on disks and tape, i'm this guy ;)

So to make it short, if you're sure about your original disk, the problem lies in the HxC conversion.

but i see also that you didn't specified what was the game title. Some titles are using special weak sectors on the ocean titles for instance.

but Speedlock tracks have nothing special, and the HxC system should convert those quite straight forward.