Casio FZ-10M Disks

All questions about how to use KryoFlux go here.
ZrX

Re: Casio FZ-10M Disks

Post by ZrX »

Awave adds few bytes to the fzb and fzv files for some reason, and without those bytes it doesn't recognise the files.

Not really sure what the bytes mean but I managed to convert these so they can be loaded.
BeginVce.zip
(456.46 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
BTAHDial2.zip
(685.69 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
FZ1Banks1.zip
(265.9 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
The FZ1Banks1 raw streamfiles went through some heavy processing and there are still two bad sectors in the sampledata, not sure if audible. The scatterplot of the disk shows it has had some trouble spinning at constant speed, either in the drive writing it or in the drive used to read it.
Jonwrennall

Post by Jonwrennall »

Thanks ZrX!

BeginVce is exactly what I thought it was and came out perfectly thankyou! - BTAHDial2 is not what I thought it was - I clearly must have overwritten what it's labelled with by mistake (30 year ago )!

I have a couple more I need to do (hopefully finding what I'm looking for) and will happily try and do it myself just need to know how
ZrX

Post by ZrX »

On the voice- and bank-images the first 3072 bytes (0xC00 in hex) need to be removed and "maybe" the empty space from the end too, identifiable where you start to see lots of Z in ascii (0x5A hex).

On the resulting voice-file you then need to edit the 00-bytes right before the sampledata at offset 0x3E8-0x3FF and I just copied from a Awave saved fzv file the bytes 68 90 67 1C 01 00 01 00 01 00 0F 00 0E 00 00 00 B8 00 00 00 A4 23 92 4B which made the file work in Awave.

In a similar manner I copied bytes from a Awave saved fzb file which had similar bytes at the same offset, and I think the byte at offset 0x3F0 indicates how many samples the bank contains, which you have to calculate from the imagefile.
Jonwrennall

Post by Jonwrennall »

@ZrX - thanks again for all your help on this - I found the disk I think contains what I need (and a few more), cleaned them and created images and RAW captures again with DTC. On the priority disk the copy stuck half way through using the GUI so I cleaned it again and used DTC via CLI. However on cleaning it seems I was too harsh and scrubbed a bit of the magnetic surface off the back side and so on redoing (including the RAW capture) using CLI there are now more bad tracks/sectors. I've uploaded the RAW and images to my public OneDrive as before. If you could possibly help turn this into FZB I can thence read with Awave that would be fantastic - very much appreciated. The Priority one is marked as such 'BTAHBBankmiddle (Priority)' (its Trevor McDonald (news presenter) (the part complete img may have some of the bits that might be missing from the RAW... ) - hope that makes sense
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlfwmVQ2-FH2gRRr-hG ... 7?e=UfWCdu
ZrX

Post by ZrX »

Try these. :)
BTAHBB.zip
(743.67 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Jonwrennall

Post by Jonwrennall »

thanks @ZrX - sorry I'm now being slow - I'm pretty sure this is another FZB and thus IMGtoFZF doesn't work
and I'm not sure how to complete what you describe in your explanation? thanks for your great helpm very much appreciated!

"On the voice- and bank-images the first 3072 bytes (0xC00 in hex) need to be removed and "maybe" the empty space from the end too, identifiable where you start to see lots of Z in ascii (0x5A hex).

On the resulting voice-file you then need to edit the 00-bytes right before the sampledata at offset 0x3E8-0x3FF and I just copied from a Awave saved fzv file the bytes 68 90 67 1C 01 00 01 00 01 00 0F 00 0E 00 00 00 B8 00 00 00 A4 23 92 4B which made the file work in Awave.

In a similar manner I copied bytes from a Awave saved fzb file which had similar bytes at the same offset, and I think the byte at offset 0x3F0 indicates how many samples the bank contains, which you have to calculate from the imagefile."
ZrX

Post by ZrX »

BTAHBBankmiddle.zip
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Hopefully the parameters are correct as some of the samples show repeated data and there's incomplete data on the disk which is not on the directory. Then again I don't know how the original hardware works if something gets overwritten.
Jonwrennall

Post by Jonwrennall »

@ZrX - you're a star - thanks that's exactly it - thanks so much