Board software updated

All news about KryoFlux go here.
mr.vince

Board software updated

Post by mr.vince » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi there,

a recent update of phpBB revealed a security issue, which forced us to update rather quickly. Because of this we have not yet been able to adjust the styles - sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you experience any hiccups.

Cheers!

npomarede

Re: Board software updated

Post by npomarede » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi
on the main page, there used to be a list of recent topics, with all the topics updated / created since the last visit.
It was quite handy to catchup on latest posts, but I can't see it anymore since the update.

Nicolas

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:37 am

Upper left, dropdown. Chose unread,new or unanswered.

Are you using a phone or tablet?

npomarede

Post by npomarede » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 am

Indeed, it works, but I didn't notice it was there as I was used to have these posts shown automatically before (this is on a PC, not phone/tablet)

On the index page, there're 2 groups at the moment "Kryoflux" and "The Software Preservation Society", isn't it possible to add a 3rd group "recent posts" that is shown only when you're logged ? I think it's easier when you log to immediately see what changed recently, instead of going through a menu.

Nicolas

Malvineous

Post by Malvineous » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:43 pm

If you bookmark this URL and always use it to access the forums, then after you log in you'll always be taken to the list of new posts since your last visit.

Alternatively if you have an RSS newsreader, you can add the forum's atom feed and keep up with the latest posts that way.

npomarede

Post by npomarede » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

This is not exactly the same : "unread posts" will show the same list until I read all the posts, which is not what I want, some posts are not interesting me.

Previous choice "recent topics" shows the new posts only since your last visit.
So, if I log today it would show me for example 5 topics. And even if I don't read those 5 topics and log again in 7 hours, those 5 topics won't be shown anymore in the "recent list", either the list will be empty, or it will show me topics where there was some activity during the last 7 hours.
This is more like an incremental view of the topics.

Well, I can live without it if it doesn't exist anymore (if you have an account on atari-forum, this list still exists, so you can see what it looks like).

Malvineous

Post by Malvineous » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:05 am

Normally when I'm done, I go to the forum main page and in the top-right click "Mark forums read", this way the topics I am not interested in won't show up the next time I visit the site. I found the problem with "recent topics" is you must read them all in one sitting, because if you run out of time and come back later, the posts will have disappeared even though you wanted to read them.

Having said that, the page you are probably thinking of is this one. On the old forum it was called "View posts since last visit" and on the new forum it's called "New posts" as mr.vince already mentioned. If you always access the forum through that URL, then when you log in you'll get the list of posts since you last logged in, and they will disappear automatically as they used to.

npomarede

Post by npomarede » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:38 am

Hi
thanks for the "mark forums read" idea, as you say that's sometimes more useful than the "new posts" because even if you log out, posts will remain visible.