GUI & Linux support

All news about KryoFlux go here.
skitt

Re: GUI & Linux support

Post by skitt »

While we're at it, would it be possible to have a flag or something to tell the UI not to extract dtc and the firmware if it can't find them in the current directory? It would avoid sprinkling them in various places when they're installed in /usr/bin!

karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Good point. I just checked and this is still a problem. We want to get a new version out tonight, so I don't think we can get that fixed in time (busy today), but I'll make sure it is in for the next version.

skitt

Post by skitt »

That's great, thanks! Let me know if you need any help producing a .deb ;)

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Karadoc, let's do this like on the Mac... check the /usr/bin folder and don't extract in that case.

Maybe we should define a list of places where it should/can be placed.

For the others... yes, that's a hint on the Mac version that is coming... today(?)

karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Yeah, that would be easy enough. I did assume that it could be anywhere on the path however... Was planning to solve it completely by seeing if it is on the path, but maybe we can just do that for now...

TeaRex

Post by TeaRex »

karadoc wrote:Okay, next version (out soon!) you can pick your dump folder, the current working directory is just the default.
Sounds great!

karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Okay, the new version will search for DTC on the path, and only extract it if necessary. Couldn't bring myself to hack it in, when the proper solution was only a few more lines :)

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

And it's nearly ready for release. A last minute bug was the show stopper yesterday evening.