KryoFlux - Write support is here and coming to you!

All news about KryoFlux go here.
Dirkies

Re: KryoFlux - Write support is here and coming to you!

Post by Dirkies » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 am

Just received my Kryoflux 2 days ago, and while eagerly awaiting the public release of the seminal write support, so I can try this on my A500 & A4000 (latter has 2xHDD C= floppy) and a few external 3,5" drives (incl. original A1010!), are there any brands/models to avoid for write support?

Here at work we have about 100 PCs with a floppy drive in them (all kind of brands and models!), ready to be recycled and I would probably take a few out before they go to the junkyard (or Africa, who knows?!). Maybe even donate for free some to fellow folks here who do not want to pay silly prices on eBay for them.

So ALPS is a bad choice for write support and so is out, but what about the others?
Thanks!

IFW

Post by IFW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 am

Write support is available in the public beta you can download now :)

Dirkies

Post by Dirkies » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 am

I do use v2.0b3 but I could not find any write commands in the syntax (nor in the GUI), and yes, I looked hard enough :?
Can someone explain then how to write a floppy (command line example or so)? :?:

mr.vince

KryoFlux - Write support is here and coming to you!

Post by mr.vince » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Just see the manual, there is a paragraph dealing with this.

Please read it. Then run:

Dtc -fimage.ipf -w -l15

Don't get scared by the debug output, we will make this more convenient in an upcoming update.

Dirkies

Post by Dirkies » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:21 pm

I must have overlooked that paragraph, I do not yet have generated an ipf (only got adf's and my own disksqueeze format) but will do that shortly.
Other Q regarding diskdrives: can you connect an Amiga compatible drive to a Kryoflux board? Will it not fry something if I try?

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, please read it in depth. You will also see that KryoFlux does not create IPFs as these files are the result of a personnel driven analysation process. However, there is a game included as demo material and you can download IPFs from various legal sources 8e.g. amigafuture.de).

You can connect an Amiga drive, but please expect inferiour performance and issues with certain protections etc. KryoFlux was developed with HD drives.