The good news is that KryoFlux release 2.51 works fine with Windows 10 (only 64bit editions tested so far).
If you chose to upgrade your existing Win7 or Win8 installation, please be advised that Windows will remove the KryoFlux driver and use the Bossa driver instead.
Please follow these steps to restore the correct driver after the update:
1. Connect the KryoFlux board (no drive needed)
2. Open Device Manager
3. Check under LPT & COM ports that a device called "Bossa" pops up
4. Right click the Bossa device, chose to update driver.
5. Chose to pick the driver yourself from a list (should be second option at the bottom)
6. If you already had KryoFlux installed before, it should be in this list, otherwise chose to "Have disk", then navigate to the drivers folder in the KryoFlux folder
7. Pick the KryoFlux driver
8. Now run the KryoFlux software, either by running the GUI (just pick something and chose to dump) or run e.g. "DTC -c2" from the command line
9. The firmware loads to the device, it re-enumerates.
10. Check again under LPT & COM, the Bossa device is back.
11. Once again replace the driver starting at 4.
12. You're done. Happy dumping!
But yes, it's fine in Windows 10 as I dumped a couple of disks and submitted them without any issues!
Did you run it through Microsofts Application Compatibility Toolkit to test
3.5" USB floppy drives work perfectly with Windows 10. I can format them and copy files to and from them with no errors.mr.vince wrote:As communicated ealier, Windows 10 has dropped support for USB floppy drives which very likely means that Microsoft is no further investing time and effort to support our beloved magnetic media.
Although I have heard some whining from MS about the internals the USB stack that vendor drivers use, as if it is too hard to maintain that or something. Then again, they couldn't even keep their Start Menu working .
Does anyone happen to know off hand what the situation is with real motherboard FDCs? (Yes, there were a few not-that-old motherboards that escaped lobotomization) I haven't had a chance to try that yet.