Thank you!

All general stuff about SPS, like philosophy and mission - discuss it here!
molloch

Thank you!

Post by molloch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 pm

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" for inventing the KryoFlux! After solving some issues a few weeks ago (thanks to ZrX again), I successfully dumped about 200 disks so far.

The oldest one was from february 1988 - as stated in the source code of what is probably my oldest "app" that survived on disk. (All of my C64 disks unfortunately were thrown away 30 years ago, when I was too young to imagine that it might be nice to have a look at the content today. There are still some handwritten basic lines of code in old notebooks from '86 that somehow survived and some sprite paintings...)

I discovered things that I completely forgot they ever even existed - you can imagine how I felt when all of a sudden I saw old paintings, code, school work, letters... I suddenly was a teenager again, sitting at my old desk! It surprised me how much I actually worked & created with my Amiga. In my memories I mainly played games or watched Demos :D

There are still about 300 disks to go, and so far I couldn't work out how to dump Amiga 1200 HD disks, but I don't worry about that, looking at the treasure I already secured thanks to your product! So, thank you again - your board is worth every penny!

(BTW: Nearly all disks that were safely stored the last 25 years in boxes and a rather cool environment could be read without any problems. About 30% of disks of the same age that were moved often and not stored in boxes had severe problems or couldn't be read at all, including physical damages of the disk itself.)

ZrX

Re: Thank you!

Post by ZrX » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Enjoy your shiny new disk dump. :)

Dumping Amiga HD disks should work using the same parameters that were used for dumping Amiga DD disk.