Have over 1500 floppys to archive, but cant afford KryoFlux

All general stuff about SPS, like philosophy and mission - discuss it here!
Jutin_

Have over 1500 floppys to archive, but cant afford KryoFlux

Post by Jutin_ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:56 am

Hi my name is Justin and I recently picked up over 1500 2.5" floppys off CraigsList, but I have been unable to find a computer that has the hardware and software capabilities to turn them into disk images.
I recently contacted YouTube's "Lazy Game Reviews" channel, and told him what I am telling you, he recommended that I hop on the forums to see if someone would be willing to let me borrow theirs, or possibly get sponsored by KryoFlex so that I would be able to archive all of the disks. If someone lets me borrow theirs I will send some/all of the disks that they would want.

The disks include, games like DOOM, spear of destiny, slave girl, oses like IBM PS/2, applications like, after dark and that is just what is on the top

There is a little bit of everything in there.

I want to archive ALL of the disks but I dont have the ability to do this, so I need KryoFlux, if someone can help me please contact me as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Justin

mr.vince

Re: Have over 1500 floppys to archive, but cant afford KryoFlux

Post by mr.vince » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Maybe someone else would be willing to take all the disks, archive them? The cost for the transfer is not to be underestimated. You will likely need a couple of drives, cleaning materials, alignment disks (USD 150 each) etc.

Plus years of expertise regarding how to deal with damaged and / or dying media, like the surface coming off while you read the disk.

Really, sounds like this makes more sense to let someone else do it.

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Justin, where about are you located? Perhaps there is someone local that can help you out.

Jutin_

Post by Jutin_ » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 am

I am in western Montana USA. and I would prefer to do it on my own, but you do make a good point mr.vince

UED

Post by UED » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 pm

I wrote a message to you. Would you kindly to take a look on it and reply?