Anyone willing to preserve PC educational titles?

All general stuff about SPS, like philosophy and mission - discuss it here!
frostybytes

Anyone willing to preserve PC educational titles?

Post by frostybytes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 pm

I bought a big lot of PC educational software from the late 80s to early 90s from a defunct reading clinic. Everything was very well preserved. Manuals are mint and at least half the master original disks were filed away in manila envelopes, many looking mint. Also about 50 original games, most on 3.5" and with manuals. Condition excellent in general aside from the occasional rotten rubber band stuck to floppies.

I was hoping there was a reputable member here in the USA who would be willing to transfer and preserve this material. I paid $40 for it all and would need some help paying for shipping etc, but I'd rather donate to history than flip it all on eBay never to see it again. I kept a few unopened boxes to sell on eBay which should make up most of my spend. I am a reputable eBay seller and can give you my info to assure you I'm serious.
Attachments
somegames.jpg
DSC_0003_1024.jpg
morestuff.jpg

hydr0x

Re: Anyone willing to preserve PC educational titles?

Post by hydr0x » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I would happily preserve them, but I am located in Germany. I would consider paying even for the international shipping if it's somewhat reasonable. Maybe only the games that don't have a manual to keep the weight down (it's weight-based cost, right?). It's right up my alley as I'm one of the few KF users (it seems) completely focused on IBM releases :D

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm

This being the Softpres section of the forum, would you volunteer helping to get this dumped?

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:11 am

mr.vince wrote:This being the Softpres section of the forum, would you volunteer helping to get this dumped?
I'm not sure what you mean or whom of us you are referring to?! If you addressed me, yes, with preserving I did of course mean getting them dumped properly.

Zorix

Post by Zorix » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm

I do have a Kryoflux and would gladly preserve those for you. Send me a message if you want to.