Which format should I use?

All general stuff about SPS, like philosophy and mission - discuss it here!
softwarefailure

Which format should I use?

Post by softwarefailure » Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 pm

I have quite a large collection of Amiga games which I'm planning to archive and maybe submit some titles to SPS for preservation.

AFAIU, when submitting games to SPS I have to use the format "Kryoflux stream files, preservation" in the Java GUI. Is that right? Or can I also send CT raw images to SPS?

The reason why I'm asking is this: If SPS only accepts data in Kryoflux stream files (preservation) format, I'd have to dump every disk twice: first in the Kryoflux stream file for preservation format and then in the CT raw image format. Why CT raw images? Well, because that's the format WinUAE supports and of course I want to be able to launch my disk images in WinUAE.

Or does WinUAE also support Kryoflux stream files (preservation)? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for help!

Rakki

Re: Which format should I use?

Post by Rakki » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Only Kryoflux stream files, preservation are accepted. CT RAW files are not needed except for emulation purposes.

Before submitting dumps to the FTP, please make sure that basic information below is in order.

Basic requirements:
- Only Kryoflux stream files, preservation
- ZIP archives (please not RAR, 7-Zip or alike)
- One archive per game
- Info text file included as explained here: https://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53
- Include photos with all of the game materials together
- Or include low/mid-res scans or photos of box, disk, manual pages etc. included, please at least those which are helpful for identifying the exact release, i.e. publisher, copyright year, etc.

Optional
Hi-res scans to /SCANS/ folder.

softwarefailure

Post by softwarefailure » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks. So this means when using the Java GUI I should select <Multiple> and then select the following three options:

1) Kryoflux stream files, preservation (for submitting files to SPS)
2) CT raw image (for playing copy-protected games in WinUAE)
3) AmigaDOS sector image (to get error correction in the CT raw image and in the stream files in case the disk uses AmigaDOS sectors)

Is that right?

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:11 am

Yes, makes sense to me. Also the ADF might help identifying certain versions, at least for games that have an AmigaDOS part.