Albedo from MYRIAD 1988

All questions regarding the dumping of media go here.
dlfrsilver

Albedo from MYRIAD 1988

Post by dlfrsilver »

Hello, i have dumped a very very rare game called Albedo, published by Loriciel and developped by Myriad.

This dump is in the kryoflux bitstream format. the problem is that my A1200 is unable to read correctly the data on tracks because it uses a very nasty copy protection scheme (tecnoball or tecnoball z for amiga 500 is a joke aside this one).

Can you take a look, and tell me what is the kind of protection system i'm dealing with, i would also want to send an image to Stingray, since he requested it to install the game under whdload. (it's upped in the kryoflux_testdump folder on the FTP).

Thanks for any information or help :)

IFW

Re: Albedo from MYRIAD 1988

Post by IFW »

It would certainly help if the dump was avalaible :)

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

dlfrsilver wrote:Hello, i have dumped a very very rare game called Albedo, published by Loriciel and developped by Myriad.

This dump is in the kryoflux bitstream format. the problem is that my A1200 is unable to read correctly the data on tracks because it uses a very nasty copy protection scheme (tecnoball or tecnoball z for amiga 500 is a joke aside this one).

Can you take a look, and tell me what is the kind of protection system i'm dealing with, i would also want to send an image to Stingray, since he requested it to install the game under whdload. (it's upped in the kryoflux_testdump folder on the FTP).

Thanks for any information or help :)
"Can you take a look, and tell me what is the kind of protection system i'm dealing with, i would also want to send an image to Stingray, since he requested it to install the game under whdload. (it's upped in the kryoflux_testdump folder on the FTP)."

Just written above :) in FTP:\kryoflux_testdumps\dlfrsilver\

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

I bet IFW used the folder that would have been appropriate... Amiga/username/2013-03-21

;)

IFW

Post by IFW »

Indeed :-)

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

IFW wrote:Indeed :-)
It's a test dump, i'm not even sure that it will be ok. My A1200 drive has problem to read the datas on the disk, while my A500 reads it perfectly without
any problem. The disk format is unknown.

what i have noticed until now, is that this game is almost unwrappable..... the data read seems to change every 3 reads, i'm just ???

One of the game programmer said that "all pirates will break their teeth on the disk track coding" :S

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Since KF reads pure flux data and the index, there is nothing to worry about. We'll see if it fits the transport layers of CTA (to generate an IPF).

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

mr.vince wrote:Since KF reads pure flux data and the index, there is nothing to worry about. We'll see if it fits the transport layers of CTA (to generate an IPF).
OK..... i hope that at least the dump is good.

IFW

Post by IFW »

We'll see...
Was the dump made with a HD drive? (not any Amiga one)
I took a quick look, but it uses a new format, not in CTA yet, so first it must be reverse-engineered, then scripted in CTA, then we'll know whether the dump is good or not.

dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

IFW wrote:We'll see...
Was the dump made with a HD drive? (not any Amiga one)
I took a quick look, but it uses a new format, not in CTA yet, so first it must be reverse-engineered, then scripted in CTA, then we'll know whether the dump is good or not.
the dump was made with a sony MFP-920. not an amiga one indeed.

Is it an amiga format, or an ST/PC format ? What did you see when you take a quick look on it ? Have you seen anything special or strange ?