Cassablanca Classic floppies

All questions regarding the dumping of media go here.
SimonV

Cassablanca Classic floppies

Post by SimonV » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:27 pm

So I have a Kryoflux in use from a friend and while it's here I wanted to backup the floppies of my Macrosystem Casablanca Classic since they are more or less irreplaceable and in the event of an hd crash I will have troubles ...

Although I can dump it in RAW or "Kryoflux preservation" mode ... how can make working backups ? Any ideas ?

brightcaster

Re: Cassablanca Classic floppies

Post by brightcaster » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:50 pm

From what google tells me it uses a smc super io chip for the floppy port and a standard 1,44 MB HD drive. So "MFM sector image" might do the trick...

Even if the system was close to the amiga, I don't think that you get lucky with adf export, as the cassablanca-system does not include the amiga custom chips.

David

Rakki

Post by Rakki » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:56 pm

You can write RAW stream dump with following command:

Code: Select all

dtc -fStreamFileName_00.0.raw -w

ZrX

Post by ZrX » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Could it be possible to get the raw files of some of those Casablanca disks? Always found that system interesting concept. :)

SimonV

Post by SimonV » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 am

I am currently using the UI of Kryoflux on my windows box. So that command ... how, where ?

I can put the images in my dropbox I guess for the people that are smarter than me and I actually know what they are looking at :-)

mr.vince

Post by mr.vince » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 am

File / Settings / Image Profiles ...

or open a command prompt with "cmd" ...

SimonV

Post by SimonV » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:00 am

Sorry but I just do not get it ?

I can enter something like C:kryoflux/DTC/DTC -fvideospicerack_00.0.raw -w .... resulting in a "can't open image file" .

And in the UI ... file setting / image properties / settings .... and then what to write to a disk instead of dumping one ?

brightcaster

Post by brightcaster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:14 pm

If you start the gui, it should tell you about the version of the UI and DTC. Currently it should be "UI v1.9" and "DTC v2.6" on linux and mac or "DTC v2.5" on windows. If you use old software (maybe given to you from you friend who lent you the kryoflux board) it will not write at all.

There is also a more user friendly gui based tool for writing purposes called WildeWutz. You get it from the download section at https://www.kryoflux.com...

You may also download the different manuals available there (especially the DTC 2.50 addendum for writing)!

David

SimonV

Post by SimonV » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm

I did download the software from the website when I got it here last weekend so that is up to date.

I take a look at the rest.

SimonV

Post by SimonV » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

When I click download on the Kryofluw website of that GUI my virusscanner stops it saying it's malware ...

upd. disabled Avast for ten minutes and it's writing a disk now ... to be continued, I go dig up my casablanca.