Casio FZ1 / FZ10M Dumping

All questions regarding the dumping of media go here.
zomarec

Casio FZ1 / FZ10M Dumping

Post by zomarec »

Hi guys

so i try to cut a long story
i have a casio fz10m with a gotek....its original floppy is dead (almost)
the gotek is working properly, i can format, i download some .fzf images, converted with Hxc Floppy Emulator and saved as .hfe and they works great, so gotek is running and is worling on the sampler

despite this i have few old floppies i would lile to dump into the gotek, and here is my problem
i have to say i used Kryoflux for my sp1200, just to backup floppy, i still use floppies there. So with kryoflux i use "kryoflux stream file , preservation" function to dumo original floppy into the computer on the GUI then i open terminal and use the command line to write it back to another floppy and it simple works every time.

so i'm using a mac with kryoflux, i have also an old pc with windows xp and omniflop, Hxc and all the rest of the tools

how the hell can i dump some floppies and then bring into the gotek?

right now i've tried kryoflux with different settngs but invane, Hxc on mac to convert the kryoflux files, Hxc on winxp to dump with internal floppy but even here invace, tested omniflop invane as well.... is nota bit issue ok but i'd like to have 3 or 4 of those floppies back to life.... any help?
thanks
brightcaster

Re: Casio FZ1 / FZ10M Dumping

Post by brightcaster »

It should be possible to dump the floppies as raw data and convert them to HFE files using the HxC tool...

There is a lot of usefull information regarding the Casio samplers at this thread:

https://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.ph ... =casio+fz1

David
zomarec

Post by zomarec »

i don't think it will work
i've tried both HxC and kryoflux and not working
i can rip prophet 2002 and sp1200 files but not that
anyway i've managed to solve with FZDUMP, and so i create .fzf files
i think it's the only way
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

As far as I remember, the casio used a non standard drive running at 360rpm. I gues you now tried to dump it with a standard 300rpm drive.

If that's the case, you have to change the FLUXSTREAM_RPMFIX variable from "NONE" to "300TO360RPM" in the "Settings/Internal parameters" menu of the HxC tool before you read in the kryoflux raw files!

And don't forget to change back to "NONE" if you want to process stream files without conversion again!

On the other hand you may upload the raw files somewhere on the net and sent a link over here to check them...

David
zomarec

Post by zomarec »

uhm this sounds interesting, i have to study a bit now!!
also is it possible to change, or force kryoflux to dump a DD floppy as HD? cause they were made with a custom HD cut floppy drive back in the days, so i have to drill a hole otherwsie in order to them being read as HD (i have a mixture of real HD and fake HD)
thanks David
brightcaster

Post by brightcaster »

You can change from DD to HD while toggeling the density line in the "Drive" menu of the KryoFlux GUI....

But how do the floppies look in the analyzer view of the HxC-Tool? Is every thing green or are there a lot of red spots? Do the red spots change if you toggle the density line?

For "studying" this thread might be interesting also:

https://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtop ... ilit=casio

David
zomarec

Post by zomarec »

thanks again
i'll be back after studying, right now i'm just dumping them with casio dump thru midi function, at least in this way i can see if they work or not
but studying and will make some test too
best
ake
zomarec

Post by zomarec »

David i made it!!+
thanks for your support
the problem was the velocity, i've tried to clone a floppy and i have to use in both way, reading and writing
so i close all and even the hfe works
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

New to Kryoflux, Hi :-)
I managed to make my WIN7ultimate 32bit to communicate with the floppy drive...
I have read here and couldn't find the info...
Is it possible to use 'only' the GUI ( kryoflux-ui.jar ) to dump
Casio FZ-1 disks 80 tracks with 8 sectors at 1024 Bytes @ 360 rpm
What preset should I use ? Settings ?
I tried some but got ....cannot change settings at some point

Help much appreciated

Thanks

Klaus
mr.vince

Post by mr.vince »

Why not just use the info you have (tracks, sectors etc.) to change a clone of the "correct" base format? I have no idea what it uses, but I'd assume it's FM or MFM...